take4roll10
Moderator
Bailey is going to be 20 weeks tomorrow. When she was 16 weeks old, she weighed 6.6 pounds on a baby scale. Last Saturday, I took her to puppy classes. I decided to weigh her on their vet's dog scale and it said 5.4 pounds. I figured it was probably because the scales are different. I weighed her again this Saturday and it said 6.6 pounds. It was making me a little paranoid, so I asked my parents to bring her to my vet today and get her weighed. She weighed a little over 7 pounds. The vet doesn't think she is gaining enough weight. She said she's very small for her age. Therefore, they're doing a blood test to check for a liver shunt. Now I'm really nervous. I hope that is not the case. She was always a small puppy. She weighed 3.5 pounds @ 10 weeks. I got her from a good breeder, who breeds for show dogs. She sells the ones that are not show quality. She did say my puppy was too small to show. Currently, she's 12 inches at the shoulder blades. Also, while at the vet today, we got her urinalysis back and she still has urinary tract infection, even after being on clavamox for 2 weeks. My poor baby
I'm just so nervous right now.
Last edited: