Bailey's Weight

Hate to disagree about the Vibrant Pets.

I would eliminate it for now and only reintroduce it when things settle down. When pups have issues like this, you really need to isolate the source. It's like a human child on a BRAT diet to isolate food allergies. You bring him down to super bland diet, and slowly introduce one food group at a time, measure the response and if positive move on to the next.

And since this is a relatively new addition to her diet, you need to ensure that this is not what is causing the diarrhea.

btw - I took Bacca off his supplement for awhile when he was sick, and only reintroduced it again when he started to get back to normal. He's now been two weeks of eating well, so the supplement is back in!

My tuppence worth.
 
You're probably right there, Barb. Can't be too careful when trying to isolate a culprit for these problems.
 
She was on vibrant pets for a fews days she was fine. Her UTI symptoms and loose stool started when she stopped the antibiotic.

I'll stop the vibrant pets until her stool becomes normal again
 
I do think Bailey could use a pound or two. She's thin, but not feel her ribs thin.

I'm just waiting for her test results today. I have a gut feeling that the cause of her diarrhea is her new wetnose's cheddar flavored treats. Anyone's dogs allergic to cheese?

My sons dog is allergic to cheese (dairy) he is also allergic to hordes of things though. He gets Temeril-P for the allergies
 
She was on vibrant pets for a fews days she was fine. Her UTI symptoms and loose stool started when she stopped the antibiotic.

I'll stop the vibrant pets until her stool becomes normal again

I think that's the right decision. When things settle down, you can reintroduce it again. If she reacts within 24-48 hours than you'll need to hold off on it some more. If no reaction, then you can stick with the Vibrant Pets going forward.
 
I'm going to have to take her to the vet first thing in the morning on Monday.

This diarrhea has been going on since the first week of October.

She just threw up and had diarrhea in her crate.

Do dogs get stomach virus? This did seem to start right after she was drinking another dog's water at the sheltie picnic. Could she have caught a virus from the water?
 
Last edited:
I know dogs can pass around viruses from contact such as drinking water so it's possible, but since your problem has been ongoing for quite a while I don't think it's likely. I think you are on the right track...I'd get her to the vet first thing tomorrow. Have they given her metronidazole for the diarrhea? That usually puts a quick stop to it. But something is certainly going on. I would ask your vet to test her again for worms. Good luck and let us know what happens!
 
no she's not on metronidazole. the vet didn't give her anything for diarrhea. I tried a little pepto bismo and pumpkin yesterday. That didn't work. I made a vet appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

It's probably not a virus because then my other two dogs would have it. The only reason why I though it could be a virus is because she had normal stool when she was on the antibiotics for her UTI.

She had a fecal exam done on Oct 13th, which came back negative.
 
I'm going to have to take her to the vet first thing in the morning on Monday.

This diarrhea has been going on since the first week of October.

She just threw up and had diarrhea in her crate.

Do dogs get stomach virus? This did seem to start right after she was drinking another dog's water at the sheltie picnic. Could she have caught a virus from the water?

What was the weather like at the picnic? Had it rained recently?
I ask that,because a dirty water bowl,and if the bowl has been rained in,may be contaminated with bacteria. I never ever let my dogs drink out of a water bowl outside,that has been left to the rain.Not to mention,a dirty bowl is just disgusting.

My neighbor has a habit of never picking up her dogs bowl in the house to wash it,totally nasty with all the slime slick on the bottom.:no:
 
The weather was nice at the picnic. I'm not sure if it rained before. I have no idea how long the water was out there for. I was talking to someone and then I look down and she's drinking some other dog's water. She's done this a few times.

I wash my dog's bowls every night and I give them fresh water when they're outside.

I just feel so bad for her because besides her peeing every 10 minutes and her diarrhea, she's a really good puppy and I know she can't help it, but it's been going on so long that I'm starting to get frustrated. She's the first dog I did my research on and got from a reputable breeder and the first dog I've had so many problems with at such a young age. I just really hope the vet can get me the right meds and figure out what's going on with my baby.
 
Back
Top