Barking (yes, I know...)

Meadow barks at the other two to get them to play but that's about it (please God let it stay this way) :fl Faith is my alarm barker for sure. Elijah is fairly quiet for a Sheltie. I can't remember any of our dogs barking at us for no reason, but we get THE LOOK quite often!! Or a toy dropped on our feet. :lol:
 
Brodie goes NUTS barking at cars, oh my, the drama that ensues when I even go move my truck out to the road. Or I sit on the big orange noisy thing that I drive around on the lawn - he feels he needs to attack it! Kooper sits on the top of hubby's chair by the window and Brodie sits in the chair and they stare out the window looking for something to bark at.

But weirdly, since lockdown, I have been VERY successful teaching him to sit and wait. He won't do it for hubby, but I no longer have to deal with the nutso maniac who appears when I head to Koopers kennel in the morning. He sits and waits, sometimes sassing me a bit, but waits for me to put Kooper's leash on before attacking Kooper and getting in his morning 'herd' moments. I can also get him to sit and wait when someone comes to the door. Or sit and wait to leave the house. But he doesn't do it for everyone - apparently I mean business when I say it.
 
Minnie does not bark for attention
and she never barks by anything when we go on our trips :no:
But -:gaah- when I am inside and she is outside in the garden
and something happens she thinks I need to know,
then she stands in the middle of the garden and bark
- until I come out and say. "Thanks, but I don't need to know"
then she stops and moves on. :rolleyes2:
And then I really do not have to ask questions :hide-
because then she bark, bark ----
 
Brodie goes NUTS barking at cars, oh my, the drama that ensues when I even go move my truck out to the road. Or I sit on the big orange noisy thing that I drive around on the lawn - he feels he needs to attack it! Kooper sits on the top of hubby's chair by the window and Brodie sits in the chair and they stare out the window looking for something to bark at.

But weirdly, since lockdown, I have been VERY successful teaching him to sit and wait. He won't do it for hubby, but I no longer have to deal with the nutso maniac who appears when I head to Koopers kennel in the morning. He sits and waits, sometimes sassing me a bit, but waits for me to put Kooper's leash on before attacking Kooper and getting in his morning 'herd' moments. I can also get him to sit and wait when someone comes to the door. Or sit and wait to leave the house. But he doesn't do it for everyone - apparently I mean business when I say it.
Mindy would go insane if she could see one of us driving around on a lawn mower. Fortunately, she can’t see any moving cars from our condo. She is a car chaser out in public. We can only get within about 40 feet of a fast moving car before she barks and lunges. We’ve improved though, it used to be worse. Now I can get her attention by running the other way and throwing treats or asking her for jump touches. And, she can now handle slow moving vehicles (under 10 miles an hour).
 
Back
Top