bathing your dog...

Well, I'll just have to add that to my to-do list! You should see it around August or so!
 
I just don't get the need to bath them so often? My dogs have not had a full bath since the fall.

I do interim grooming myself with dry shampoo and conditioner. They roll in the snow, and I towel them off when they come in....that's almost a bath in itself! I make them look good by brushing and trimming.

I deal with their poop chutes as required, and muddy paws are also addressed with dry shampoo and towel offs.

Neither smell skunky (in fact, both smell like pups still). Believe me, DH would be the first to tell me if one of them was smelling nasty.

If I had to bath the dogs every two weeks, my back would give out and I would probably give up on having dogs!

It's really not a requirement to bath them that often, if you do proper grooming in between.

I agree 100%, the vet will say this also. Sandstorm gets a dry shampoo on dirty spots in the winter, his coat is beautiful, it doesn't smell at all. I also brush, brush,brush.
Karen
 
Mine are therapy dogs, and the policies require that they always be clean and fresh smelling. Technically we're supposed to bathe them within 24 hours of the visit. I base my baths on having them sparkling & fresh smelling, which means at least every 2 months.
 
For fresh smelling, I've discovered the joy of baby powder - accidentally while dealing with mats behind Indy's ears.

I don't actually know if it would dry out their skin, but they sure smell wonderful!

I'm considering it as the final phase of their weekly brush out! A little sprinkle and fluff!
 
It doesn't. I "fluff the ruff" with baby powder all the time (when I htink of it). Lovely! :wink2:
 
I agree 100%, the vet will say this also. Sandstorm gets a dry shampoo on dirty spots in the winter, his coat is beautiful, it doesn't smell at all. I also brush, brush,brush.
Karen

vets say lots of stuff.
like feed pedigree dog food....
and over vaccinate your dog :dead:
 
vets say lots of stuff.
like feed pedigree dog food....
and over vaccinate your dog :dead:

That may be true, but good vets know what they are talking about. I trust mine, she cares only about the welfare of her patients and adheres to the oath she took when she got her license. I stay out of the food controversy.
:smile2:
Karen
 
Back
Top