Bi-Blue or Merle?

tlcrjt

Forums Regular
I am picking up my new pup here in a couple weeks. The breeder sends me pictures of him every so often. She said he was a blue merle, but looking up colorings last night, he looks bi-blue. He is a puppy and it could change and the brown could come in later? :confused2:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131782318@N06/16780939185/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131782318@N06/16573653887/in/photostream/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131782318@N06/16573663707/in/photostream/


This is the mother and whole litter.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131782318@N06/16755060706/in/photostream/
 
I don't see any tan points, so he's probably a bi-blue. But there might be some very faint tan that I can't see in the pictures.
 
looks bi blue to me.

Technically he is Blue merle and white(bi Blue). What we call Blue merle is technically Blue merle ,tan and white. SO the breeder was not wrong just not accurate.
 
looks bi blue to me.

Technically he is Blue merle and white(bi Blue). What we call Blue merle is technically Blue merle ,tan and white. SO the breeder was not wrong just not accurate.

Right. The AKC certificate would say "BL MRL & WH" (blue merle and white) for a bi-blue, and "BL MRL WH & TN" (blue merle and white and tan) for what we call a blue merle.
 
Right. The AKC certificate would say "BL MRL & WH" (blue merle and white) for a bi-blue, and "BL MRL WH & TN" (blue merle and white and tan) for what we call a blue merle.

we should change it to Bi Merle and Tri Merle- that would match up better with Sable Merle......:winkgrin:
 
Do you have any info on the sire? Mom looks like a sable, and I think I see a couple of bi-blacks, so if you know what Dad is you might be able to make some logical conclusions.
 
Back
Top