Bi-Blue or Merle?

Do you have any info on the sire? Mom looks like a sable, and I think I see a couple of bi-blacks, so if you know what Dad is you might be able to make some logical conclusions.
I will know for sure once I get up there. They didn't even find out she was pregnant until 3 days before the pups were born. So they weren't sure if the dad was the Sheltie that they breed her with or if it was their Brittany Spaniel. So she hasn't sent me pictures of the dad, but I will ask to see them both when I'm up there. I believe he is the tri color.. That's the mostly black, some white with a little brown on the face correct?

Is other litter mates are bi-black.
 
I thought she looked like a merle! I guess, though, that to be really sure about the pups you need to know what the sire was.

both parents had to be bi factored to get bi pups.
if the mom is a sable merle and not a washed out blue merle, it's odd that there aren't any brown puppies..........
 
both parents had to be bi factored to get bi pups.
if the mom is a sable merle and not a washed out blue merle, it's odd that there aren't any brown puppies..........

Flip of the coin sable to black odds 50/50 AOAC, same as blue to black. I know of all blue and all black litters so why not. Mom is sable merle no doubt. I would bet money dad is bi black.
 
looks bi blue to me.

Technically he is Blue merle and white(bi Blue). What we call Blue merle is technically Blue merle ,tan and white. SO the breeder was not wrong just not accurate.

That is what I found out from this site...my 2nd sheltie was probably a sable merle, but her AKC paperwork had tri-colored "so that breeder was not wrong, just not accurate" is my take as well, and no one told me different way back then, ha. Getting Kaleigh 17 yrs later, I find out she is a true tri-colored-though to me her coloring looks like a border collie with tan "highlights":yes:. Yet her parents had coloring just like my previous girl had-sable merle. So somewhere up the line influenced her coloring because she doesn't really resemble her parents-and she grew BIGGER/stockier than we thought, she was a chocolate pup but now glossy black, go figure. Kaleigh was unique, they never had one like her, and unfortunately her dad came up sterile after she was whelped. Ah genetics, crazy how those genes line up! But they are such a pretty breed-they all make me smile. I love seeing the pics!!!!!!
 
I will know for sure once I get up there. They didn't even find out she was pregnant until 3 days before the pups were born. So they weren't sure if the dad was the Sheltie that they breed her with or if it was their Brittany Spaniel. So she hasn't sent me pictures of the dad, but I will ask to see them both when I'm up there. I believe he is the tri color.. That's the mostly black, some white with a little brown on the face correct?

Is other litter mates are bi-black.

I don't know how the colors would work if the sire was the Brittany--but the pup does have a sort of Brittany-type muzzle. Maybe I'm wrong? Very cute either way!
 
I don't know how the colors would work if the sire was the Brittany--but the pup does have a sort of Brittany-type muzzle. Maybe I'm wrong? Very cute either way!


I don't think he is part Brittany. She just didn't register them because it was a possibility since it wasn't planned. This litter looks exactly like her last litter from the Sheltie sire. 6 pups, 4 bi color, 2 "Merles". I'm not worried about the papers, I don't show, so I told her it wasn't a problem with me.
Although I am curious to know what a Sheltie/Brittany would look like...
 
Back
Top