danisgoat
Moderator
I am going to start back a couple of days so you all can get the whole picture.
Back to Monday, I noticed that Dandie seemed like she may have been a little constipated, squatting with nothing coming out. Then she proceeded to wipe her butt on the ground. I immediately thought she probably has worms, and put it into the back of my mind to call the vet about it.
Back to Wed. we took our normal 3 mile walk where she always goes to the bathroom. She went, and it was looser than normal, maybe a little lighter colored, and was covered in a nasty mucusy slime. I again assumed parasites. My mom was going to the vet on Friday with her dog, so I was going to see if she could pick up some dewormer for me, and bring a sample. I decided that on Thursday or Friday I would get a stool sample for her to bring.
Last night around 6PM, Dandie had diarrhea in the kitchen that was dark colored and had red blood in it and was very mucusy.
I called our vet and left a message. He called back around 8PM and asked some basic questions like how were her gums (they are red) and how she was acting (perfectly normal). He told me to not feed her and he made an appointment for me to come in today at 3PM. He wants me to bring in a stool sample. She has yet to go again. Hopefully, she will have a bowel movement sometime in the next 5 hours.
At 12:30 in the night last night, she started barking in her crate. I came down and let her out. She did nothing outside. When she came back in, she vomited. The vomit was all mucus that was orangey in color and had little red "blood clot" looking things in it. UGH. I got a little panicky.
I called the 24 hour hospital to see if they thought I should bring her in then. Agian, her gums look fine, she is acting fine, and she is jumping up, so I don't think her gut is in a lot of pain. The 24 hour hospital, that has a reputation of being money hungry, said that it was most likely not an emergency and that getting her in to see my vet is probably fine.
So....ease my mind. Is this really serious? Is there something I should be looking for? Would you call your vet to get her in sooner than 3PM?
I am usually so decisive and I feel like I can't make a decision for my life right now. Maybe since I didn't sleep last night, worrying.
Danielle
Back to Monday, I noticed that Dandie seemed like she may have been a little constipated, squatting with nothing coming out. Then she proceeded to wipe her butt on the ground. I immediately thought she probably has worms, and put it into the back of my mind to call the vet about it.
Back to Wed. we took our normal 3 mile walk where she always goes to the bathroom. She went, and it was looser than normal, maybe a little lighter colored, and was covered in a nasty mucusy slime. I again assumed parasites. My mom was going to the vet on Friday with her dog, so I was going to see if she could pick up some dewormer for me, and bring a sample. I decided that on Thursday or Friday I would get a stool sample for her to bring.
Last night around 6PM, Dandie had diarrhea in the kitchen that was dark colored and had red blood in it and was very mucusy.
I called our vet and left a message. He called back around 8PM and asked some basic questions like how were her gums (they are red) and how she was acting (perfectly normal). He told me to not feed her and he made an appointment for me to come in today at 3PM. He wants me to bring in a stool sample. She has yet to go again. Hopefully, she will have a bowel movement sometime in the next 5 hours.
At 12:30 in the night last night, she started barking in her crate. I came down and let her out. She did nothing outside. When she came back in, she vomited. The vomit was all mucus that was orangey in color and had little red "blood clot" looking things in it. UGH. I got a little panicky.
I called the 24 hour hospital to see if they thought I should bring her in then. Agian, her gums look fine, she is acting fine, and she is jumping up, so I don't think her gut is in a lot of pain. The 24 hour hospital, that has a reputation of being money hungry, said that it was most likely not an emergency and that getting her in to see my vet is probably fine.
So....ease my mind. Is this really serious? Is there something I should be looking for? Would you call your vet to get her in sooner than 3PM?
I am usually so decisive and I feel like I can't make a decision for my life right now. Maybe since I didn't sleep last night, worrying.
Danielle
