Bloody diarrhea then throwing up

Nope.

Giardia is something that they get from drinking contaminated water, food, or fecal matter. All dogs at any age can get it :wink2: Maybe you are confusing it with coccidiosis (coccidia)?

But she doesn't have that, so we don't have to worry about that, thank goondess.

Adult dogs can get coccidia too. Ginny had it last fall. She was vomitting and having projectile diarrhea.

Sorry I didn't see the post earlier! I hope she's feeling better soon!
 
Adult dogs can get coccidia too. Ginny had it last fall. She was vomitting and having projectile diarrhea.

Sorry I didn't see the post earlier! I hope she's feeling better soon!

Thanks Melissa! It is scary when they get sick like that, isn't it?

I just gave her some more chicken and rice. I only gave her two tablespoons earlier, so I just gave her another two. Poor baby looks so hungry. She ate it and drank some and now she is trying to jump on my head. Yup....she is feeling good :lol:
 
Just catching up - so glad she is feeling better. Once they start jumping on you, you know they are on the road to recovery.
 
These were almost the exact same symptoms that Vash had just a few days ago as well. It's funny how dogs a few thousand miles apart can be going through the same thing.

I didn't notice the blood in the stool though I guess it hadn't progressed that far, but when the vet took a fecal sample he spotted blood.

Vash recieved the same treatment it looks like (I guess the vet in that nasty place was compitent after all).

It sounds like she's feeling better now, that's good. Vash is on the mend as well.
 
Thanks Ronna!

Dandie had a little diarrhea in her crate last night. Not bloody nasty stuff as before. The good news is she has held down all of the chicken and rice we gave her yesterday.

I am gave her some more chicken and rice this morning, and give the vet a call in a little bit.


These were almost the exact same symptoms that Vash had just a few days ago as well. It's funny how dogs a few thousand miles apart can be going through the same thing.

I didn't notice the blood in the stool though I guess it hadn't progressed that far, but when the vet took a fecal sample he spotted blood.

Vash recieved the same treatment it looks like (I guess the vet in that nasty place was compitent after all).

It sounds like she's feeling better now, that's good. Vash is on the mend as well.

Glad to hear that Vash is feeling better. I did not read your thread. I will go check it out!
 
Back
Top