Bonjour Beignet

Trip

Forums Enthusiast
She isn't a rescue like I wanted, but she probably came close to a rough life.

~6 month old sable

Got her off someone on craigslist that was transferring out of state and couldnt take her with them. Not sure of her history, no papers, no vet information. She isn't on heartworm meds, may have fleas.

Probably gonna be oversized. Very shy, but very very sweet. Appears to be house trained. Not crate or leashed trained. We are going to have to get in some obedience training classes and got some work ahead of us, but she has found a very loving forever home.

img20120908224806.jpg


img20120908231516.jpg
 
Could I possibly ask, did you have her scanned for a micro-chip?
Sometimes these situations on Craigs list, is a stolen or found dog, and the people spin a story as to why they need to "sell" the dog. Please do this, for your own peace of mind. Take your bill of sale with you to any shelter, and they can scan her.
Remember a micro-chip or tatoo is the only real voice a dog has to get home.
 
Could I possibly ask, did you have her scanned for a micro-chip?
Sometimes these situations on Craigs list, is a stolen or found dog, and the people spin a story as to why they need to "sell" the dog. Please do this, for your own peace of mind. Take your bill of sale with you to any shelter, and they can scan her.
Remember a micro-chip or tatoo is the only real voice a dog has to get home.

I am really worried about this too, I plan on getting her scanned and if she doesn't have one, getting her one.

Going today actually, that's first on my list. Want to get her to a vet this week too.

Based on what I have seen I doubt she has one. She still has her dew claws.
 
Last edited:
She isn't a rescue like I wanted, but she probably came close to a rough life.

~6 month old sable

Got her off someone on craigslist that was transferring out of state and couldnt take her with them. Not sure of her history, no papers, no vet information. She isn't on heartworm meds, may have fleas.

Probably gonna be oversized. Very shy, but very very sweet. Appears to be house trained. Not crate or leashed trained. We are going to have to get in some obedience training classes and got some work ahead of us, but she has found a very loving forever home.

img20120908224806.jpg


img20120908231516.jpg

Make no mistake -- you rescued her, and she IS a rescue! Good for you!
 
She is very lucky to have found you! If she was lost, you will find her home and if she isn't, she'll have a wonderful life with you. She looks like she just wants to be loved and has a sweet disposition. Please keep us posted on her progress and give her a pat from us!
 
OOoo my she is adorable. Wow how fortunate for both of you to find one another. I love her coloring and she looks like a sweetheart
 
Back
Top