Brooke earned her angel wings

Sharon7

Moderator
I prayed and prayed she would go peacefully and for once, that’s relatively how it happened. I knew time was short. She collapsed last night while out for a last potty run, and she passed away about an hour later, on the bed lying between hubby and I. I had given her the narcotic I had to ease her distress and any discomfort. She went out pretty gently, as befits my gentle girl.

I hate the helpless feeling, I imagine they are wondering what is happening. She had that look in her eyes, bewildered and uncomfortable. Tore my heart out.

I am kind of a wreck, I was almost having an anxiety attack at the doctor's office during my long appointment yesterday, worrying that something like this would happen to her while I was gone.

I am completely gutted and depleted. Hospice care is hard work. Had to spoon feed baby food the last two weeks. We tried to bring some joy to her every day and in turn she was a complete trooper. I can’t believe she’s gone and tears are falling like the rain outside.

This does not get easier with practice.

I LOVE YOU BROOKE TO THE END OF TIME. Rest peacefully with Asta and Ally, my beautiful sweet girl.
 
Oh Sharon. I'm crying with you. I feel like I knew her. I can only imagine the hole you feel in your heart. Know that in time memories will ease the pain. Hugging you from afar.
 
I know it doesn't help, but we all feel Brooke's loss, Sharon. We have traveled this road with you through your posts and she feels like part of our family. I completely understand your feeling of loss...it is brutal and wrenching. But Brooke is at peace now and pain-free, and you will see her again. This saying stayed with me after I lost Pixie: Don't cry because you lost me; smile because you had me.

Nevertheless, I'm crying too, for you and for Brooke. Hugs and peace, Sharon.
 
Oh, Sharon, I am so deeply sorry. Even when you know this time is coming there is no way to be truly ready emotionally to except the finality. Life will seem very empty for a while without the constant nursing duties you so loving rendered to your precious little girl. It takes time to accept the new reality. But I hope that with time you can focus on all the wonderful memories that Brooke has left behind as her parting gift to you...she was so loved and that love will be with her for eternity. Brooke was blessed to be your girl and you were blessed to have her...even though right now all you can feel is horrendous emotional pain. We pay a huge price when we give our hearts to these loving little souls, but without them we would miss some of the most wonderful moments we ever have in our lives.
RIP Sweet Brooke.
Many hugs from here...Trini
 
Oh Sharon I’m so so sorry. I remember the day she came home to you. She has been such a good girl. So loving. I remember when she first came home you took the three girls out for a walk and they all lined up in a row as perfect and pretty as you please. I imagine them like that now sitting at the end of the rainbow, waiting for you to come home. My prayers go out to you.
 
Oh Sharon, I dreaded the day I would have to read this post. I am comforted by the thought that she passed in your and your husbands loving arms. Peacefully at home where she felt loved and cherished.

I know the shatter heart you are feeling now. What a treasure she was! We all have tears streaming down our faces as we grieve with you. So many beautiful words from your devoted Sheltie Nation family.

Run free dear Brooke. You will be missed! Your mom cherished every moment you had on earth. With heavy hearts we bid you farewell!

Virtual hugs to you and your family
 
Back
Top