Brooke earned her angel wings

I prayed and prayed she would go peacefully and for once, that’s relatively how it happened. I knew time was short. She collapsed last night while out for a last potty run, and she passed away about an hour later, on the bed lying between hubby and I. I had given her the narcotic I had to ease her distress and any discomfort. She went out pretty gently, as befits my gentle girl.

I hate the helpless feeling, I imagine they are wondering what is happening. She had that look in her eyes, bewildered and uncomfortable. Tore my heart out.

I am kind of a wreck, I was almost having an anxiety attack at the doctor's office during my long appointment yesterday, worrying that something like this would happen to her while I was gone.

I am completely gutted and depleted. Hospice care is hard work. Had to spoon feed baby food the last two weeks. We tried to bring some joy to her every day and in turn she was a complete trooper. I can’t believe she’s gone and tears are falling like the rain outside.

This does not get easier with practice.

I LOVE YOU BROOKE TO THE END OF TIME. Rest peacefully with Asta and Ally, my beautiful sweet girl.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
 
Oh Sharon. We knew this was coming, but it still makes my heart so heavy for you and your family.

You gave Brooke a beautiful life... and the kind of hospice care that we would all want to have, for ourselves or for our animals.

Thank you for letting us walk this road with you. And thank you for always doing right by Brooke.
 
Oh Sharon, I dreaded the day I would have to read this post
Gloria -So fine written

- Rest in peace little Broke
- all the tears we / I cry right now, you have deserved every one
- you have given your family so much joy.

Sharon feels with you in these difficult times :hugs
 
Dear St. Francis, you've welcomed another beloved Sheltie into your care. Precious Brooke stepped over the Bridge yesterday, healthy and young and free from all pain and distress. We know she misses Sharon and her Daddy very much, and they are devastated by their loss. Please guide Brooke in the ways of eternal love, and bring comfort to her family as they navigate the journey of grief. And please, remind Brooke that to her, it will seem but the twinkling of an eye until she is reunited with her family once more.
In His name we ask,
Amen
 
Dear St. Francis, you've welcomed another beloved Sheltie into your care. Precious Brooke stepped over the Bridge yesterday, healthy and young and free from all pain and distress. We know she misses Sharon and her Daddy very much, and they are devastated by their loss. Please guide Brooke in the ways of eternal love, and bring comfort to her family as they navigate the journey of grief. And please, remind Brooke that to her, it will seem but the twinkling of an eye until she is reunited with her family once more.
In His name we ask,
Amen

Oh thank you for this, it means a lot Chris.
 
Back
Top