Cassie's misfortune with grooming :(

Sandi'sMom

Forums Enthusiast
I just want to share with you that how important is to use an experienced groomer in the salon.:yes:

Last Saturday Cassie was groomed at the salon where we have been taking her for over a year.
This time it was not all happy time. Soon after grooming Cassie started chewing into her both paws very intensively, non-stop.
​

We noticed how uncomfortable she felt. I wanted to take a look at her paw and she snapped at me and could possibly chop off 1/2 of my finger from anger and pain. :( We noticed her both paws were bleeding. I took her to the doctor who diagnosed severe inflammation and a possible secondary infection (added from her chewing) caused by grooming. Doctor put her on 2 different medications: anti-inflammatory and anti-biotic. She also gave us a medicated shampoo to wash all 4 her paws twice a week. So we carefully follow the orders. She is slowly recovering but her paws still look terrible.:(

At least the grooming salon reimbursed $74. It has always been fine with this grooming salon except this last time. Chances are Cassie turned out in the inexperienced groomer's hands. :yes:

In the office we were referred to the mobile grooming woman. We will probably take advantage of it.

Just wanted to share with you all.

Have a good day everybody.
 
I hope Cassie is feeling like her old self again soon! The bad part is she will probably be fearful of grooming now. :(
 
So sorry for Cassie's injuries! I hope that she is well very soon and doesn't harbor any resentment toward grooming.
 
omg, really? What in all the world did happen to the dog's paws?

This is a timely story for me, as I haven't had Toffee to a groomer, yet...
 
Was she allergic to the shampoo? was is a different kind?
I'm pretty leery of groomers. When I adopted Happy- all black nails- I took him to a groomer so that he'd get them trimmed correctly- of course, they cut the quick. I found blood on the seat in the car when we got home. never went back there. I started doing them myself- just taking the very tip off and even so, I got him once- he did not like that.
hope that everything improves with the meds :yes:
 
I hope Cassie is feeling like her old self again soon! The bad part is she will probably be fearful of grooming now. :(

Hi MissSuzie, indeed, I am afraid so. :sadsmile: She will be shaking bad when she will see a groomer. :( I will be fearful myself when taking her to grooming :(

Eventually she will recover after the medications and shampoo.
 
What happened? Clipped with scissors, allergic to a shampoo.........

That is terrible. Poor Pupper!

McKinley's nails are mostly black too and I am afraid of cutting them to short.

I hope your pup is on the mend soon and doesn't hate all groomers in the future.
 
What happened? Clipped with scissors, allergic to a shampoo.........

That is terrible. Poor Pupper!

McKinley's nails are mostly black too and I am afraid of cutting them to short.

I hope your pup is on the mend soon and doesn't hate all groomers in the future.

Doctor said a blade worked too close to skin which caused some irritation. This in combination with Cassie's chewing that place caused severe inflammation and infection. :(

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GOOD WISHES TO CASSIE.
 
Back
Top