Claire's home! Claire's home! ,.. CLAIRE IS HOME!

Oh my! Your thread title just cracked me up and choked me up, all at the same time. I am THRILLED for you and for Claire. She looks like a total doll. So glad to hear she is responding to your wife already. Blessings to you for taking this leap of faith and taking her in. Can't wait to hear updates.
 
I too thought of Claire and you and your wife throughout the day, hoping that all was going well. It is so wonderful to hear that Claire is already trusting enough to start the bonding process with your wife. These are such smart, intelligent baby's that they "feel" who they can trust. I am so glad that Claire found you, picked you as her forever home and let you adopt her. Congratulations for opening your hearts and home to this precious little girl. I know you will keep us updated through posts and pictures.
 
What a sad story of little Claire...but a wonderful ending! I am so happy for all of you...congratulations. I thought about little Claire on and off all day...wondering how things were going with the adoption....what a great ending to the day. She looks so sweet...you wonder what she must think being with people who are kind to her. I hope she continues to bond with you and your wife and starts to have the life she should have had from the beginning. Please keep us updated on how she is doing with her new family.

Susan you're right - you can't help but wonder what this poor girl thinks when people give her love and affection. It's hard to tell from her photos but her body language is almost painful to observe she's so timid and apprehensive. Almost as though hardly daring to believe she is about to receive a scritch of affection and love. For the first 5 years of her life she was trained to fear. It's a horrible crime - if you saw this little girl's disposition and sweetness - it's just appalling to me that she was originally treated in such a way. John and Barb Parrott as foster parents did a WONDERFUL job with this poor girl and I am simply amazed that we get to love her for the rest of her life. My head is still spinning with how fast this all happened, not even a week from start to Claire coming home. John almost melted when we finally left their foster house to bring Claire home. Can't blame him. John if you're listening you're a good man, there's darn few of us left, and you two did a marvelous job with Claire.
 
What a wonderful thing you did...though her foster home was good for her...she is now home for good. It's nice to hear how far she had come with her foster home...but you can finish the "job" with her socialization and becoming a part of a loving family. She looks so sweet how could you not love her? This is truly a story of an "adoption that went good".

Please keep us posted as to how Claire is doing.
 
poor Claire. No worries, now she has an amazing home and I'm sure you guys will spoil her lots!!!! She looks so accepting of your wife. Thanks for giving this girl a home. :hugs
 
It's hard to tell from her photos but her body language is almost painful to observe she's so timid and apprehensive. Almost as though hardly daring to believe she is about to receive a scritch of affection and love. .

Claire will come around. I had a little middle aged rescue sheltie boy, Teddy, who was so traumatized when he came to us that he would not stand or walk...I had to carry him everywhere and where ever I set him down he would flatten to the floor, shake uncontrollably and not move even if left there for hours. It was 6 months before he stood up on his own and started to move around the room he was in...and another full year before he gained enough courage to go from one room to another in the house. But very slowly he blossomed and by the time we had him 3 years he was a happy, deeply bonded little soul whose favorite game was to chase me round and round a big tree in the dog yard and play hide and seek behind that same tree. However, anytime we had to be off the property Teddy would revert to the shaking, traumatized, immobile little boy he was when he first came to us. We had him just over 6 years before losing him to kidney failure and during that time our vets never once saw him stand...but here at home he was normal and joyful. Claire may never be a social butterfly...but she will learn to trust you and be deeply bonded to you....it just takes time and love...both of which I know you have. She is very lucky. :smile2:

Trini
 
What a wonderful story! Claire will now live out the rest of her life with LOVE!
Thank you for allowing her the opportunity to finally learn that humans can be kind and loving! It will be so gratifying to see her blossom and gain confidence with your guidance. Bless you for giving her the home she deserves.
 
Claire will come around. I had a little middle aged rescue sheltie boy, Teddy, who was so traumatized when he came to us that he would not stand or walk..

Trini

Oh that's horrible! That poor boy! I can't imagine what drives people to treat these poor dogs like this!
 
Back
Top