Collection

Sharon

Forums Sage
My friend Anna gave me a jump grid for dogs that needs work on collections.It only requires 5 jumps.I am going to do this with Sting at the beach this week.I want him working on the sand.Anna has 2 sheltie's a Bi-Black girl named Charlie who already has a MACH and her young boy Elvis.If I can figure out how to post her video I will.
 
What are you trying to say, Sharon? That some of us here need collection work? :lol::lol:

I'd love to see it and set it up if you can post it. We always need more collection drills!
 
:lol:
What are you trying to say, Sharon? That some of us here need collection work?

I'd love to see it and set it up if you can post it. We always need more collection drills!

Doesn't Lexi run in extension alot?I know Sting needs it wicked bad.:lol::lol:
 
well Stormy hasn't found her mind on the agility course yet so I don't think she can loose it just yet, although I am sure she will.
and as far as collections goes , well I wish, hope, maybe some day.
 
Last edited:
We are really enjoying learning cik and cap teaching from Silvia Trkman. As most things by Silvia agility teaching starts with trick learning to do "go around" various objects like garbage cans or cones and progresses to tight turns on agility jumps.
While I do not think I will be able to name those moves, I would have difficulty enough thinking left and right, let along clockwise or counterclockwise I think it teaches boys excellent collection/ tight post wrapping skills. It is also great fun.
 
I introduced Stormy to a single BOX for the first time last week, Lets just say it was somewhat interesting, I have always let her run set courses up till now, but last week I though I would start her on some treddles and in the Box, well I don't know who was more frustrated Me or her. trying to pull her around the outsides of the jumps and back into the middle, clapping to get her attention and turn her, she was doing it but she was growling at me under her breath the entire time, it was actually quite comical, she was like what the H*LL is this crap all about LOL.

I do know that she will be going back in the Box tonight first thing before she gets to run any set courses .
 
Back
Top