Dear Lord keep me strong....LOL

Wow...how can I argue with that last statement??

We may have a prospect for the male pup. When puppies come in, the main person in charge (I can't think of another way of putting) always lets previous adoptees have first refusal. Since we've already been through the process, sees how well the dogs are taken care of, and in most cases (like me) become foster homes rather than someone wanting the puppies simply because they are cute puppies.

One previous adoptee/foster family had a very special needs sheltie that was plagued with health problems and he passed away recently at a young age (maybe 7-8 yr old?). They had a family member pass away and then their cat died a couple of days ago. So, we are checking with them to see if they want a puppy or two. So that leaves me with just the girl. I would soooo keep her except that I'm hoping to get a new job and I will not be in a position to come home for lunch to let her out.
 
They are stunning little ones, and their faces are beautiful. I keep thinking about their tails, and the beauty of them as shelties run. I like to shave the one who did that and cut off their tail bone. Horrible.
 
Oh wow - the girl with the sqiggle of white on her face looks SO much like Asta when she was a pup!!! Good grief, I think giving up puppies would be really hard so hang on to your will power!

We just all have to realize that these pups won't ever know what they are missing with a docked tail, so they will be fine. Even tho I am so MAD at that moron who did it.

I learned a lot from a foster pup I had for 2 weeks, a double merle Australian Shepherd. She was blind AND deaf, and you know what? She was a really happy dog! She was housebroken, too. She didn't know she was different and if she bumped into something she just picked herself up and went around it. Dogs don't feel sorry for themselves; they just get on with it. My husband and I felt like we learned a life lesson from that puppy. And she was adopted into a great home! :smile2:
 
Oh wow - the girl with the sqiggle of white on her face looks SO much like Asta when she was a pup!!! Good grief, I think giving up puppies would be really hard so hang on to your will power!

We just all have to realize that these pups won't ever know what they are missing with a docked tail, so they will be fine. Even tho I am so MAD at that moron who did it.

I learned a lot from a foster pup I had for 2 weeks, a double merle Australian Shepherd. She was blind AND deaf, and you know what? She was a really happy dog! She was housebroken, too. She didn't know she was different and if she bumped into something she just picked herself up and went around it. Dogs don't feel sorry for themselves; they just get on with it. My husband and I felt like we learned a life lesson from that puppy. And she was adopted into a great home! :smile2:

Could not agree more Sharon. Our Bumper has no idea,that she is blind,so she knows no other way than what she is. Born with no eyes,but you would never know she was blind.

She manages to get into & upwards on anything she pleases.She knows how to get high enough,and out of reach, from Trapp if he gets herding her more than she likes.

She has taught us some great life lessons as well.
 
Puppies found a home!

Both darling puppies have found their forever home! Although I'm very sad...I'm especially going to miss my little girl, it made me happy to see them go to their forever home.
 
Back
Top