Deska has elbow surgery

Caro

Moderator
I took Deska to the specialist this morning for his elbow surgery (Fragmented Coronoid Process). Unfortunately the surgery was cancelled at the last minute because an emergency came in. So he is stuck overnight at the surgery all alone and 1/4 shaved, and I'm sitting here missing my little lap warmer. Tully doesn't know what to do with herself and even the cat is walking around looking for him. For such a naughty little dog he holds a huge spot in our hearts.

The specialist is guarded about the outcome, we don't know what is going on in the joint until she gets in there. But he is only 5 and I think its worth a go if it may help extend his life and lessen the pain.

Interestingly the specialist has seen more shelties with elbow dysplasia recently where in the past it was rare in shelties.

So think of Deska in the morning (or the evening your time) and cross your fingers for a good outcome.
 
Caro--I will definitely be keeping Deska (and you, and Tully and the cat) in my thoughts tonight during the surgery.

Hope you're able to keep yourself busy so that you don't sit around and worry too much (that's always my problem).

Keep us posted. :hugs
 
Good luck, Mr. D. I am sure he is in good hands with his specialist, and hopefully the outcome will be a good one.

I will be thinking of Deska, and of you, Tully, and the kitty, too. It must be so hard not having him home!
 
Poor Deska! I am sure he is missing you as much as you are missing him. I will keep you all in my thoughts for a successful surgery. Please stay strong and keep us updated.
 
I am sending good thoughts to your family and to Deska so that the surgery goes smoothly and is successful. :fl:hugs
 
omg, that must be so scary for you, Caro.
You're in my thoughts and I hope all goes well! I am sure he is fine with the experts at the clinic even if surgery had to be cancelled last minute.
Isn't it funny how it's the 'naughty ones' that wiggle their way into our hearts the deepest...? I am sure Kalypso and Tully will keep you and Deska great company during recovery time!
 
Back
Top