Distichiasis

Maia is in surgery

Well, here I am, sitting at a Starbucks waiting for Maia's eye surgery to be over. I cannot wait to see her. We drove to Saskatoon last night. It was an 8 hour drive. She did very well. I was concerned however as she did not go #2 all day, nor this morning, which is unlike her.

At the clinic, during her exam she was a super girl! All the vets and vet students were very impressed with her and how calm she was. She did not fight them at all. She did keep looking back at me though - with those big brown eyes, pleading with me, saying 'mom, help me'. It broke my heart and it hurts me to know that she will be in pain afterwards too. They will not suture the incisions on her eyelids because the sutures would scratch her eyes. She will be uncomfortable to say the least for two weeks they said. My baby. Last night, I did not sleep well at all. I kept going over worse case senarios in my head - it was horrible.

I will let you all know how it goes when I get home tomorrow.
 
We are definitely sending good thoughts and prayers your way. You are doing what is best for her, and she will understand.
 
Sending hugs your way! Poor baby! It's so awful, because you cannot explain to them why you have to do this! And they look at you, like you've failed them (heck, I get that look when I bring them to the groomer!)

Best wishes to both of you! I'm sure it will be the best thing in the long run!
 
Prayers that the surgery was successful and the recovery will quick and complete. Give Maia a gentle hug for me.
 
Sending big hugs to Maia for a speedy recovery. Be safe in your travels home.She will be glad to get home.~ Keep us posted:wink2:
 
Oh, there's nothing worse than the post-surgery feeling that your precious pup is in pain. Hopefully she'll have some pain med to keep her quiet and a nice, attractive collar to keep her from scratching at her eyes. The best medicine for Maia is to be home with you. We'll be thinking of you and sending good wishes and pats her way. And hugs to you!
 
Back
Top