Dog Names....

It is a series af almost a dozen, I think, fantasy novels. Written by Ann Bishop. If you are into fantasy, it's awesome. If you don't like fantasy you will probably hate. But it's written with tons of humour, witty dialogue, and sex, of course. Then she introduces scelties along with other magical creatures that bond naturally with the central characters. She did model them on Shelties though she never owned one herself. But she really captured them. They are independent, loyal and have some mischief. And zoomed too.

Sounds interesting. I'll see if the library has them.
 
Are you talking about the puppy you're getting this week? I like her current name... (I found the breeder's facebook.. I wanted pictures lol).

I have to admit, the pics at 7 and 8 weeks show a beautiful sheltie. I hope to give you current ones by Sunday, hehe.
 
I'm so glad I read through this thread, I'm always looking for new books and I've never heard of Ann Bishop!

Barb, I love the name Mackallan. Sounds just right for a sheltie!
 
I read once that dog's hear their names better and are more likely to respond if there is a hard consonant in their name.

Maybe this is why my Jonesie pretends to never hear me :winkgrin:
 
Back
Top