Dr Shelties

So sorry for your injury, I hope it heals well. The love and concern from your fur babies sure shows that there is nothing better than a sheltie!
 
I am so glad you retained your finger, mark! But I'm also happy that you know what good medicine Shelties are!!
 
We have a 160 year old house that is a money pit of renovations. We have been working on it for nearly 8 years. Every time my hubby goes near the saw or the sander I say a little prayer. These accidents happen in a blink of an eye. You should see me when he talks about using the chainsaw. I think I age 10 years every time he gets it out!
Take good care of yourself while you heal. Your dogs definately know that something is wrong and they will, in turn, comfort and amuse you.
 
Mark - YIKES! My husband managed to get himself with a nail gun once... nothing compared to your injury. I'm sure sorry - hope you heal quickly and regain good use of your finger. As I am a nurse, my hubby isn't even allowed to get up a ladder without me being at the bottom and holding it!!! :razz:

You NEED your Shelties to help you heal! Our hospital has all kinds of therapy dogs come visit, and they are allowed up on the bed! Maybe that info would convince your friend to not worry about separating you from them during your recuperation.

You are probably the closest person to me geographically, we should attempt a Sheltie play date some time!

Take care.
 
Mark, how is your finger doing?? What does Dr. Sheltie say??

I'm doing well, thanks! No bleeding, swelling nor other sign of infection/post-op damage. No fever, the pain is manageable, figured out what I need to eat when taking meds to avoid nausea... Family, friends and creditors have been both supportive and understanding.

My friend that was so concerned about the dangers of sleeping with Shelties has gone home... I love her dearly and deeply appreciated her help but... it's difficult to fathom some of the things she was on about. Separating me from my dogs at bed time upset all three of us; seeing my dogs upset made me even more upset, and vice versa. I think she saw there was only one way out of the vicious cycle.

An aside, what kind of twisted, sadistic scheme do we have in place, that provides meds to a man with only one good hand, in bottles with child-proof caps? Standard closure, you say? Try that logic at 4AM when you NEED a damn pain pill, and see how well it flies! Unbelievable!

Anyways, I believe my fluffy little doctors/friends are pleased with my progress, and will prescribe long walks on the beach and lots of frisbee play very soon.

Thanks to everyone here, for your kind words and well wishes, and for the experiences you've shared. I appreciate all of your input and concern very much. Whoever says online communities are cold and impersonal has never visited this one! :yes:


-Mark
 
Mark I am so sorry to hear of your injury. Somehow I missed this whole thread.
My Brother lost 4 fingers in a meat grinder at work when he was 16, you are very fortunate to have kept your finger. I am happy you are healing well and still have an uninjured hand to pet those loving Shelties of yours.

Shelties ARE the best medicine and anyone who told me mine couldn't stay by my side would have been gone the first day. :eek2::biggrin2:

Healing prayers being sent your way.
 
So sorry to hear about your accident, Mark. Hope the remainder of your healing goes as smoothly as possible!

I found out a long time ago, with my first Sheltie, how perceptive they can be of their person's ailments. I had to have an emergency gall bladder removal when Neechee was a puppy, and he witnessed me being carried out of the house by strangers with a noisy vehicle. When I returned home 4 days later, he would not leave my side, and even bit my (now-ex) husband between the thumb and forefinger and brought blood when he repeatedly removed him from the sofa where I was laying. He also was beside me through 7 major surgeries. The two last ones I was living with my parents, and had a hospital bed in their dining room. Neechee was brought downstairs from our room every morning to spend the day on the bed with me. He was a world-class snuggler!

The Sheltie I have now, Bela, is getting over her puppy mill experience, and when I have a bad day, she is right there to comfort me. She's been overly concerned about my left hand lately, licking and smelling it extensively. Yesterday, I woke up with it swollen and stiff - a rheumatoid arthritis flare-up.
 
I'm so glad you're healing, Mark. And yes, CURSE the phama who cap pain meds so tightly in a childless home. :rolleyes2:

And yes, we sure do care for each other here on Sheltie Nation!!!
 
Back
Top