Ear's a little tip!

http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034 I tried to get this picture over.

Fluffy looks adorable. If next time your friend braces her ears, ask if she can get them higher on her head. So the inside edges of the ears are almost, if not touching. You will get a better result. But certainly on the right track!
She's a cutie!

This is exactly what I was thinking.

When our breeder did Chloe's ears....they were braced so that the inside edges of the ears were touching.
 
Bacca here

Fluffy...........don't fight your mom on those ears, She could make a lot of fun of you for a long time about your wonky ears if they don't turn out just the way she wants them. Take it from someone who knows, Mom calls me Eeyore!!!:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:
 
Zak has his braced with moleskin and glue and a string on top. We went back to have the breeder do it. I need to do it again but it looks so complicated and Stephanie said she would do it for me again an perhaps this time we may only need to glue them. As long as he can play and have a good time either way is fine with me.
Maggie just wants to lick his ears.
 
What a cutie, she is Jessica! She looks darling with her "ear trim" LOL. What wonderful eyes she has.
 
Actually, after closer inspection...the ears are nowhere even. :uhoh:

When everybody says the should sit up higher what do you mean? :confused2: The brace, the top part of the ear that is flopped over, or the tape on the inside of her ears making it stand up straight? :confused2:

I think the problem was the glue. It was an older bottle, and one of the ears (the one that is down lower) would not stay down for anything! We had to reglue and wait. Regule and wait. So I think that might have been part of it as well.

I was proud of Fluffy though. You couldn't have asked her to behave any better. :biggrin2: She was perfect and still for most of the time!
 
By higher up, they mean that her ears should sit at the very top of her head. That's why some people mentioned that their dog's ears were touching...because they are so far on top of the dog's head.
 
hi Jess
up higher on the head is the ears so you want the ears touching each other. When you bring the ears up it doesnt make the head look wide than when the ears are done being taped,glued..etc.

If they are uneven it can be fixed. no worries! :)
 
She said Shaine (her sable male show dog) had his ears glued kind of wrong, and now that he's grown when they stand up straight they touch sometimes. As long as they don't look like snoopy ears it's ok. :lol: Anything is better than the way they were!

She gave me the stuff so I could do it myself, but I might go back again and have her do it. She has a two year old son, and I don't know many kids. That way Fluffy can get used to being around kids some. When I go back I'll ask her to sit them up higher. :yes:
 
Back
Top