Ear's a little tip!

I've taken to putting habanero hot sauce on the yarn portion of mine's braces because of what you're describing tofu. The pups seem to dislike the taste of it. It buys me a couple of extra days where the ears stay glued :biggrin2:

Why didn't we think of that?! That's a great idea. They really do love each other, and it would seem cruel to separate them, but those ears need to stay in. I don't think we've ever had one who's so incredibly persistent about pulling them out. This could be the solution!
 
shelties are so cute with ears braced!!!
Here is Ruckus


pet001.jpg
 
shelties are so cute with ears braced!!!
Here is Ruckus


pet001.jpg

I know! I think they all look like cute teddy bears when their ears are like that. Ruckus looks cute!

I forgot and left them up when I went to the vet yesterday. He wasn't pleased that he couldn't look inside her ears. :uhoh: Everybody kept asking if it was a a headband and if it hurt her. :rolleyes2: Surely that can't be the first sheltie they've seen with braced ears.

When I told people at work about her ears they got mad at me. I think everybody gets it confused with ear docking. :rolleyes2: Then when I try to explain they act like I'm telling them a lie.

Breed standard or not - if I seriously thought it was going to hurt her I wouldn't do it! :yes:
 
Its actually amazing what people think, even in the dog world im amazed! Last night I was at handling class and atleast 3 people asked me about Noah's ears and how I did them.
I love the way they look with their ears done. My neice came over last week to sleep over and I had Noahs ears out and did them when she went to bed she woke up the next morning and told me Aunty you put Noah's eyes back on his head!!...I was thinking what the heck is she talking about:eek2:...than it dawned on me she thinks his ears on top of his head look like sunglasses!:lol:
 
I've had people get quite upset about ears. We used to glue Bentley's, and people would go on and on about how it wasn't very nice, comfortable, etc...

I even had a vet express dissatisfaction about it. I switched vets :)

By and large most people just don't understand.
 
I know! I think they all look like cute teddy bears when their ears are like that. Ruckus looks cute!

I forgot and left them up when I went to the vet yesterday. He wasn't pleased that he couldn't look inside her ears. :uhoh: Everybody kept asking if it was a a headband and if it hurt her. :rolleyes2: Surely that can't be the first sheltie they've seen with braced ears.

When I told people at work about her ears they got mad at me. I think everybody gets it confused with ear docking. :rolleyes2: Then when I try to explain they act like I'm telling them a lie.

Breed standard or not - if I seriously thought it was going to hurt her I wouldn't do it! :yes:

If people ask about Deja's ears, I tell them to think of it like braces for kid's teeth. It's the same thing.
 
Next time before I go to the vet I will take them down. I wasn't even thinking about him looking in her ears when doing his check over exam. :uhoh: I'm going to get some of the glue remover Friday night. Smudge really needs a groom, so maybe I can find a way to fit both dogs into my truck and take them to get Smudge a groom and Fluffy an ear tip at the same time.

My family doesn't have a problem with it, but other people seem to. I tell them it is kind of sort of not really like getting your ear pierced. Like when you have to leave the ear ring in your ear for a certain about of time. You're training your ear to leave that spot open. It's the same way with her ears. You're training the ears to tip down.
 
I mean in a few weeks about taking Smudge and Fluffy. :biggrin2:

I honestly have no idea when I am working after this week. :uhoh:
 
II forgot and left them up when I went to the vet yesterday. He wasn't pleased that he couldn't look inside her ears. :uhoh: Everybody kept asking if it was a a headband and if it hurt her. :rolleyes2: Surely that can't be the first sheltie they've seen with braced ears.


Breed standard or not - if I seriously thought it was going to hurt her I wouldn't do it! :yes:


I wouldn't be surprised if she was the first sheltie your vet saw with braced ears. :biggrin2: My dogs and my friends dogs were the only ones the staff had seen braced. Don't worry about taking it out for your vet unless there is a prblem. It'll be a bigger pain to take it out just for that. I also tell people I didn't do anything to the ears, I'm just holding them in place.
 
Back
Top