Ear's a little tip!

Smudge

Forums Sage
The Fluffster goes to get her ears tipped early this afternoon! I'm excited! Jeniffer has never met Fluffy before, but she wants me to take both Smudge and Fluffy to obedience classes (and Smudge possibily agility later on down the road!). Fluffy isn't quite old enough for obedience yet though. Fluffy starts her new year with shots next week. :lol:

I will post pictures when I get home. :biggrin2:
 
How old is she now? Duh, helps to read your sig hehe.. You are definately starting at the right age. Ear tipping/bracing is a pain in the arse but we are winning the battle here. Deja yanked her brace out a couple days ago on her ears have stayed up nicely. We are getting the brace put back in today.
 
How old is she now? Ear tipping/bracing is a pain in the arse but we are winning the battle here. Deja yanked her brace out a couple days ago on her ears have stayed up nicely. We are getting the brace put back in today.

She's 13 weeks, but I keep forgetting to update my signature. :uhoh: I think hers will be a major pain to do, because her ears sit on the side of her head! This is how she looks all the time. Sometimes dogs will put their ears down when they want you to pet them, but her ears always sit like this:

http://sheltieforums.com/picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=1682

I'm sure when she gets back home Smudge will think he has a new chew toy - her ears. :rolleyes2:
 
Last edited:
She's 13 weeks, but I keep forgetting to update my signature. :uhoh: I think hers will be a major pain to do, because her ears sit on the side of her head! This is how she looks all the time. Sometimes dogs will put their ears down when they want you to pet them, but her ears always sit like this:

http://sheltieforums.com/picture.php?albumid=149&pictureid=1682

I'm sure when she gets back home Smudge will think he has a new chew toy - her ears. :rolleyes2:

Ok, that's an adorable pic! Hehe.

Are they bracing them as well as tipping? The tipping is just glueing/taping the tips over. Bracing is pulling the ears up on the head and keeping them up while her ears set. Bracing has been sheer torture for Deja. I have all but given up except that Mike is so encouraging.
 
It was so easy to do Beckon -- he mst have been a natural because his ears stayed glued for days and days. Layla was impossible, but I didn't know what I was doing then...
 
Fluffy is so dang cute!!!!!

I'm anxious to see what they do to glue/brace her ears and how both dogs respond. I'm pretty confident that if Lucy had her ears braced, Meggie would be soooooooooooo interested in them.
 
Honestly I am not sure. I showed her the pictures, so she knows her ears sit on the sides. :yes: Here's to hoping Fluffy's ears don't get braced/glued/taped to her chin! :lol:
 
I also had a talk with Jennifer about Smudge. She wants me to get his thyroid tested. She said the woman I bought Smudge from is part of a large chain puppy mill operating out of Red Water, TX. She said a family member purchased a dog from one of the people operating that puppy mill. She said the sheltie had thyroid problems, very brittle bones, and lived at the vet's office.

I didn't know.:(:no: It just keeps getting worse.
 
Back
Top