Enzo + Trialing = Eek!

corbinam

Moderator
I know I mentioned before that we have Enzo entered in his first trial in a little over a month. It's AKC, and we really only entered it as a "test" to see how he does. I think that's the case for the first few trials, it's really just to see where we are, what needs worked on, etc.

Well in our lesson the other day our trainer set up a novice course (just with no table) so we could see where we were. Yikes. Probably 3 off courses, a broken tire, and we're definitely not ready for the teeter in competition!

The second time Enzo did much better (we left the teeter out), but man. Really humbling and shows that we better moderate our expectations! :yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_lbKhOWQos
 
He looks great to me! Regardless of what happens, he looks like he loves the game and is having fun and that's what it's all about anyway! I think you/hubby and Enzo are great teams!!
 
Those dancing feet on the dogwalk make me giggle every time. I know it's not good that he's doing it.. but it's so cute!
 
Those dancing feet on the dogwalk make me giggle every time. I know it's not good that he's doing it.. but it's so cute!

I agree! I was just going to say something similar.

Anyway, Enzo does look really good. I want to get Cleo there on training. Currently we are behind because I did training with Petsmart and now have to do beginner training again with a reputable trainer who has been doing it for 35 years. (Had a friend pushing for petsmart.. waist of money.) I hope to be caught up soon though.:fl
 
nice weave poles- you know that AKC novice (both std and jww) only has 6 right?
the Aframe was a bad angle- did he jump early? it's hard to see but it looked like an iffy contact.
Novice std also has the broad jump which a lot of dogs can have issues with since it's not used frequently in practice.

so far, I've only entered Jocu in Jww as he needs to learn/master the dogwalk, teeter and chute. he sometimes has issues with the tire too. Enzo is looking good though.....:yes:

Destin on the other hand just needs to polish his teeter and weaves for std- and his come at the end of the run:winkgrin:. no issues with the chute at all.
 
Not seeing the runs with the issues you mentioned, except for the teeter being skipped in this video, Enzo looks amazing! He is such a little rocket.
 
Not seeing the runs with the issues you mentioned, except for the teeter being skipped in this video, Enzo looks amazing!

Yeah--I didn't share the bad video :lol::razz: And actually have the problems were my husband's handling! Figured he wouldn't want that showcased!

I'm a little worried now. Last night we went to the building to train and it seems Enzo has developed a new issue in the weaves. He goes too fast and skips poles in the middle. He also is regressing on the teeter (hesitates to get on, even for high value treats). And he still dances on and off of the dogwalk.

I'm wondering if I should pull him from the trial...I know it's a month away but we're out of town for 10 days in the middle.
 
He goes too fast and skips poles in the middle.

When our agility instructor's border collie started doing that, he started working with him on weave-o-matics. Even though that's not how he was initially taught how to weave. It seemed to help.
 
When our agility instructor's border collie started doing that, he started working with him on weave-o-matics. Even though that's not how he was initially taught how to weave. It seemed to help.

Interesting! That makes sense! Unfortunately, I don't know anyone around here who has the WAMs :(
 
Back
Top