Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I've had alot of people suggest enlarged dog runs.
I have one problem with dog runs.
At the rental house,Earnhardt & Kasey used them.They were probably 50ft runs.
These were achored in the ground type run,not overhead ones that pullied on a cable.
So there I was out front,out of site to the front door,Brian did not see me.I had unhooked Kasey from her run,so she could come to the house.
At that same time,Brian poked his head out the front door,(I still was not visable to him)and he gave a yell to Kasey.She got all excited,she was unhooked,but unbeknownset to me,the cable was wrapped in her very long legs,and in the excitement,she bolted to go to Brian,and the cable came taut in her legs.
She ran free,but the cable was behind my legs.The force of her,the weight of her which was 82 lbs,sent me reeling in the air.
When it went taut,it threw me backwards. I hit my head on the hard ground,I landed right flat on my back,head hitting first.Now at this time,I'm hurting,and I lean far enough forward,that Brian saw me laying there.
Ended up with a concusion.After that..we eliminated dog runs totally.
But there may be other ways for you to do it differant.
YOUCH!
I also veto runs...that is what I used when I had only Indy....right up to the day he slipped out of his collar on the run, herded a truck and 'caught' it in the summer of 2000.
The 'poop yard' is Alan's invention: a small fenced in area paved with concrete pavers so that no matter what the weather, the dogs can go out to eliminate and not get muddy. Easy to scoop up, or if it gets wiffly in the summer just powerwash it and sprinkle some lime between the pavers.
While figuring out the fences, we used a temporary fence made with the welded wire 4' fence and metal T poles. The wire comes in 25', 50', or 100' rolls and its fairly easy to pop the poles into the ground and hook the fencing to them. The first fenced in area I made with the 3' height using 50' of fence, 10 poles, and maybe an hour of time.