Finally - we passed

Im a lil late...but congratulations Deska!
Bailey is also taking obedience classes in Jan. Im hopin she'll pass the cgc and begin agility
 
But how will yo go at agility?:smile2: Little Tully goes fast, problem is I don't! But they dont seem to care, too much, its great fun to get out and do training with your pup! Good luck.



I have never actually gone to a good sound obedience class with any dog of mine, so it should be interesting. I tried one with our beloved Golden boy Tyler, but the instructor was from hell and mostly taught through negativity, so we quit going and trained him on our own!

I'm not real fast , but my husband is and hopefully between the two of us, it will be great!:yes:
 
I have never actually gone to a good sound obedience class with any dog of mine, so it should be interesting. I tried one with our beloved Golden boy Tyler, but the instructor was from hell and mostly taught through negativity, so we quit going and trained him on our own!

I'm not real fast , but my husband is and hopefully between the two of us, it will be great!:yes:

When I started obedience training 20yrs ago the methods were so harsh. Yank and jerk, no food ever:( Fortunately we come a long way and training is so fun and our dogs are partners not subjects. It is just a treat to see your dog turn on to training and learning. Have fun with Megan.
 
When I started obedience training 20yrs ago the methods were so harsh. Yank and jerk, no food ever:( Fortunately we come a long way and training is so fun and our dogs are partners not subjects. It is just a treat to see your dog turn on to training and learning. Have fun with Megan.



YES that's exactly how this lady was and I thought, "this is awful, I cant knee my dog in the chest for something he doesnt understand yet". That would be like spanking a baby for not sitting still right. So we took the basic principals she taught and did the rest ourselves!!:wink2:
 
When I started obedience training 20yrs ago the methods were so harsh. Yank and jerk, no food ever:( Fortunately we come a long way and training is so fun and our dogs are partners not subjects. It is just a treat to see your dog turn on to training and learning. Have fun with Megan.

I had the same experience a long time ago. I never went back to an obedience class until this spring. What a difference! Fergus and I had a great time, he learned very quickly and we met some really nice people.
 
I had the same experience a long time ago. I never went back to an obedience class until this spring. What a difference! Fergus and I had a great time, he learned very quickly and we met some really nice people.



Since we haven't been to an obedience class in over 12 years, it will be interestind to see how all the methods have changed. I am looking forward to meeting and making new friends and being able to share our successes and frustrations with all you :yes:
 
Back
Top