Food your dogs go crazy for?

Che eats raw as well as anything else he can get, he is excited about food period
chicken necks make wonderful training treats, that is how we learned very solid stay....
regarding those websites that rate food- they have nothing to do with science, written by person or people based on their opinion .... no reason to trust... I do not think that designer clothing any better than non designer and neither is food... their explanations why this food is rated so high and that one is not is very very weak in many areas... and I am not even talking about grain free food idea.... dog have been opportunistic eaters for longer time that we ever though and most humans diet consist mainly of grains and little of meat so there is no reason to think that dogs need grain free high protein diet because they are just like wolves in the wild... dog and wolves can have 99% of their DNA shared but it does not mean they are the same, humans share 99% of their DNA with monkeys but I absolutely refuse to live on banana diet...forget the fad diets and counts, use your common sense...
anyway close to OP question... if your pup tolerates variety of food easily it is good to try what he likes best, many stores will give you trial small bags of food/ kibble, or buy few chicken necks and see what your pup does with it...
BTW regarding cats and raw, ha, my babies are hunters, raw meat is a delicatecy for them, Che wanted nothing to do with rabbit that was bought for him, who do you think polished the dish...


Could NOT agree with you more, except I refuse to believe that I share DNA from a monkey, :lol:. He may have some of mine, but I don't have any of his, :biggrin2:.

You make excellent fact based points, are you in the medical field??
 
So I was kind of wondering if there were any particular foods that your dogs seemed to go this crazy over?

TOTW Wetlands.

They got incredibly picky after adding fresh Bison and liver to the Prairie flavour for a treat, so we switched flavours. I added a little TOTW wet food (it's slices of meat, usually with peas or something - they go nuts over it) and mixed it into the kibble.

I still do it occasionally, but they gobble the Wetlands up as soon as I put it down.

Now, I don't mix anything into the kibble (unless it's a little TOTW wet). Even pumpkin is giving to them separately in ice cube form. We haven't had any more food issues.
 
I feed Eukanuba puppy for small breeds. I will be transitioning shortly to an adult food, not sure if Eukanuba or not. Emma is a funny eater - will not eat until she is ready. If she's not eating, a little sprinkle of Romano cheese does the trick (just enough to show on the kibble).

Noah loved anything in the fruit and veggie line - particularly pineapple and peppers of all things. He hear the fridge or freezer open and was right there for his handout, particularly if a salad was being made. Hamish was the same way.

Emma loves the little tomatoes. She thought Mom was handling them on the weekend when she was cleaning strawberries. she also loves peanut butter and processed cheese spread. She gets huffy if she doesn't get some of them every day.
 
Last edited:
But he truly does ANYTHING for cheese... lol

McKinley too. He would give up a meal for cheese and that is saying something. It can be midnight and I will go for a snack of pretzels and cheese and he will jump up out of a dead sleep and run downstairs for fear he might miss a piece of cheese. (Vermont Stupid Sharp White Cheddar being his favorite.)
 
Phebe just loves food -- to the point that she will even work for kibble. I was feeding TOTW High Prairie, but recently switched to Flint River Ranch Fish & Chips. I'll probably keep changing her food around to avoid development of food sensitivities or risking a food being discontinued. She doesn't have any issue changing food, as long as I stick to the higher quality, low or no-grain formulas.

BUT, her all-time favorite thing to eat, FRUIT and VEGGIES. I never give her any of the things that are bad for dogs -- grapes, avocadoes, onion, etc -- but everything else is fair game. She's in heaven, now that peaches, berries and melons are in season.
 
McKinley too. He would give up a meal for cheese and that is saying something. It can be midnight and I will go for a snack of pretzels and cheese and he will jump up out of a dead sleep and run downstairs for fear he might miss a piece of cheese. (Vermont Stupid Sharp White Cheddar being his favorite.)

lol
TOffee even loves cream cheese, how the heck do they know it IS cheese?
He hears the crinkling of the package of canadian mild cheddar from five miles away!?
 
Haha, Megan also loves anything we are eating too :lol:! She goes nuts over scrambled eggs, loves fruits, watermelon, apple,cantaloupe, etc..
 
Back
Top