Found a quarter sized lump on Earnhardt

mbfrench

Forums Celebrity
Well tonite while giving Earnhardt a massage,we found a lump on his rib cage. It feels like about a quarter in size,maybe larger,and it moves.

He does not seem bothered by it,as we felt of it,and fiddled with him.He got impatient with all the coddling,and went to bed. Now we are worried it may be serious.I will give Dr. Mac a call and get him in as soon as we can.

As if things could not get more intense around here,as some of you know I have not felt well in some time.My immune system is gone wacky,so I see a specialist this Thursday.
 
I'd have your vet look at it. It's sounds similar to the lumps my lab got on his sides as he got older. They were fatty tumors, not harmful and common in older labs. We just had to keep an eye to make sure they did not get too large or interfere with movement. Check with your vet just to rule out more serious possibilities.
 
I'd have your vet look at it. It's sounds similar to the lumps my lab got on his sides as he got older. They were fatty tumors, not harmful and common in older labs. We just had to keep an eye to make sure they did not get too large or interfere with movement. Check with your vet just to rule out more serious possibilities.

thank you for the quick reply.I have read about some of the owners here,with thier shelties & fatty tumers. Are they painful?

We will give our vet a call.
 
They weren't painful at all for Sonny. Just for us to look at him :(. He was riddled with them by the age of 10 (started at 7). Our vet would poke and prode them every visit just to make sure there weren't any significant changes.
 
Well tonite while giving Earnhardt a massage,we found a lump on his rib cage. It feels like about a quarter in size,maybe larger,and it moves.

He does not seem bothered by it,as we felt of it,and fiddled with him.He got impatient with all the coddling,and went to bed. Now we are worried it may be serious.I will give Dr. Mac a call and get him in as soon as we can.

As if things could not get more intense around here,as some of you know I have not felt well in some time.My immune system is gone wacky,so I see a specialist this Thursday.

Michele,

Prayers going out for both you and Earnhardt. Glad both of you are going to the doctor. Please continue to update when you are able to. Thanks.

With love from,
Denise (Mally's Mom) and Mr. Mally says, "woof-woof".
 
Labs often do get fatty tumors, Michele. If it's soft and moveable, it's probably a good sign. Hoping for the best for Earnhart, and you, too! Good grief!
 
I'd bet it's a fatty tumor. I couldn't count the number of labs I see with them. My Lacey had some the last year of her life and the vet always said they were not a problem as long as they aren't bothered by them.
 
Maggie has one on her chest and has had it for a few years it is soft and movable, vet says not to worry.

Michele I hope you find out something at the Dr. for your self, so sorry you have not felt good. Feel better soon.
 
I just wanted to chime in to add my well-wishes for both you and Earnhardt, Michele. I hope you feel better, and Earnhardt's lump is nothing serious.
 
Back
Top