Gavin's radiation treatment

Cindy

Premium Member
We start next Tuesday.
5 days a week for 19 treatments, to be completed within a calendar month (holidays do get in the way).

I will be updating as we go along.
I have been warned he will loose his pads and toenails.

Cindy
 
Cindy...wishing all the best for Gavin that the radiation treatments won't be hard on him and will give him a really good chance to remain cancer free. Sending many hugs to you and Gavin. :hugs

Trini
 
Know that you and your little Gavin will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish him an easy time for a speedy, full and complete recovery. :fl :hugs
 
My heart and prayers going to you and sweet Gavin that this treatment will allow him to become cancer free! :hugs

Thanks for being such a great sheltie parent! :yes:
 
Dear St. Francis,
Please watch over Gavin as he undergoes radiation treatment for cancer. Help him to be strong and have as few problems as possible. And please ask The Good Shepherd to grant him many cancer-free years once his treatment is completed.
In His name we ask,
Amen
 
Vet gives it an 80% chance of being 'curative; terrible word as it gives the wrong impression. basically, he will most likely die of something else.

guestimate of median life span after radiation is 6 years. I can work with that.

I didn't see any radiation threads, so hopefully this will help people in future.

Cindy and Gavin
 
Cindy, all fingers and toes crossed here for Gavin to get through his treatment with the least amount of reaction/discomfort. You both have been such troupers, my heart goes out to you but gosh, 80% is a good number. We'll think positive that this will hold him for his lifespan.

Hugs and best wishes to you both. :hugs
 
Back
Top