Goodbye to Cody

pomshe

Forums Enthusiast
I had to say goodbye to my beautiful, sweet, gentle Cody yesterday. I am going to miss him so much! I can't believe what a huge hole he has left in my heart. We had been through so much together and he literally saved my life. I don't think he was ready to leave this earth, but his body just gave out and I couldn't see him suffer any longer. He was 15 years old. I just hope I made the right decision. He was my first dog and I am really struggling without him. RIP buddy, you were such a good dog!
 
I'm so very sorry to hear about Cody. I agree, don't second guess yourself. The last gift we can give them in return for their years of love is to let them go before they're in crisis. In time you'll remember Cody with wonderful memories and warm feelings, but it's the hardest adjustment there is when they're gone. Sending you comfort and hugs.
 
I am so sorry to hear you had to let go of Cody. I have tears for you both.:hugs

I know when Deska died he didn't want to go, but I had no choice god and nature were taking him anyway but not in a nice way. It is never an easy decision and I don't think it's possible to be completely comfortable with it. Eighteen months later and my heart still breaks most days. But I can also now look back on videos and pictures and smile with the memories. It is so hard when we love them so much.
 
It's one of the toughest choices we as dog people are called upon to make. I'm sure you made the right decision, but I am so sorry for your loss.
 
So very sorry for your loss. The hardest decision I ever made was to let my Cody cross the bridge. I could not bear to watch him suffer just for the pain I would feel for losing him. That was six years ago, and I still miss him. In time, your pain will be replaced by happy memories of the time you shared with him.
 
I am also saddened that you had to let Cody cross over to Rainbow Bridge. It is never an easy decision that we all struggle with. I agree with Ann. The kindest thing and most unselfish act is to allow them the final gift of peace before they are in crisis!

I must tell you that you were the best sheltie mom to have allowed Cody 15 years. I have never been that blessed. I know we all are shedding tears as we post to try and comfort you remembering the loss of our shelties that had passed.

I hope, in time, you find memories that will fill your thoughts. Blessings and virtual hugs to you.
RIP Cody.
You will be missed...
 
Back
Top