Great Sheltie Bathtub!

Ann

Moderator
In my eternal search to find a way to save my back when bending over the bathtub doing three Shelties, I finally came upon the perfect solution!

It's a dog tub sold by Petco, billed for up to 20 pound dogs, but it will easily fit a Sheltie that isn't oversize. It's a nice, light plastic, has a drain, a rubber matted bottom and feet. It's oval and fits inside my regular tub and is perfect to keep from chasing the dog back and forth around the tub as I try to bathe. You can also put it on a stool in the tub to raise it a bit, although you'd have to make certain it doesn't tip.

Best of all, it's $30 and on sale!! Such a deal....Had to share:
http://www.petco.com/product/110409/Pet-Gear-Blue-Pup-Tub.aspx
 
Does look like a good idea.

But, we have no storage space in our house and definitely wouldn't be able to keep it anywhere convenient.
 
In my eternal search to find a way to save my back when bending over the bathtub doing three Shelties, I finally came upon the perfect solution!

It's a dog tub sold by Petco, billed for up to 20 pound dogs, but it will easily fit a Sheltie that isn't oversize. It's a nice, light plastic, has a drain, a rubber matted bottom and feet. It's oval and fits inside my regular tub and is perfect to keep from chasing the dog back and forth around the tub as I try to bathe. You can also put it on a stool in the tub to raise it a bit, although you'd have to make certain it doesn't tip.

Best of all, it's $30 and on sale!! Such a deal....Had to share:
http://www.petco.com/product/110409/Pet-Gear-Blue-Pup-Tub.aspx

WooHoo...I will be ordering this! Thank you so much for posting this link. I so need something,as like you..its a back breaker doing Mia,Trapp,Jasper in one day.

They all have thier little habits.Mia slides,Trapp will not turn,Jasper sits..and all the while I am trying to get either them rinsed,or something else.
Thanks Ann!
 
I still say that bathing dog in a double sink is perfect for quick touch ups. But if you need to do the full meal deal, then this is perfect!

Like you, Chris, when I have to bath my dogs, I find it easier just to go into the tub with them. But this is perfect to contain them while in the tub....no more scratches on Mom as they try to escape!
 
I still say that bathing dog in a double sink is perfect for quick touch ups. But if you need to do the full meal deal, then this is perfect!

Like you, Chris, when I have to bath my dogs, I find it easier just to go into the tub with them. But this is perfect to contain them while in the tub....no more scratches on Mom as they try to escape!

I have a double sink,and there is no way,either Trapp or Jasper could begin to fit to even do a quick touch ups. Mia..possibly. But I don't think I would even venture to try.
 
That looks like it could work, Ann. Thanks for posting the link. Have you tried it out yet?

It just came today...the inaugural bath will be Pixie this weekend. I did check to see if they fit in it OK, and they do. I can't wait to try it...I'll report back!
 
It just came today...the inaugural bath will be Pixie this weekend. I did check to see if they fit in it OK, and they do. I can't wait to try it...I'll report back!

I'm anxious to hear how you like it!!! I too, deal with back problems and have had to resort to bathing one, then waiting a couple a days and bathing another, etc. to keep from being in TOO MUCH pain. Takes me a whole week to get all four done. :mad:
 
I have a (big/expensive) Scrub-A-Dub-Dog bathtub.

http://www.scrubadubdog.biz

(I bought it from a mail-order catalog, rather than directly.)

My Sheltieboy was so good. He hated baths, but was very cooperative anyway. Anything to make dad happy...
 
Last edited:
I still say that bathing dog in a double sink is perfect for quick touch ups. But if you need to do the full meal deal, then this is perfect!

Like you, Chris, when I have to bath my dogs, I find it easier just to go into the tub with them. But this is perfect to contain them while in the tub....no more scratches on Mom as they try to escape!

Yep -- just did Annie a couple of days ago. Colored my hair and while it "set," washed Annie. She looked at me as if to say, "Mom, you stink worse than I do!" :lol:
 
Back
Top