Hi,I cant believe how many sheltie owners take their dogs to the groomer to be bathed,clipped,shaved etc.I have been a sheltie owner for many years(1972) & have never taken my dogs to a groomer.In my opinion any owner should be able to handle their dogs grooming.It's no big deal,all I've ever done is
Brushed the dog every day-if you cant handle daily brushing maybe you shouldnt own a long haired dog.
-Cleaned their paws only if they gotten muddy etc.
-clipped the area around their paws
-brushed their teeth daily
-Long hair people is part of a shelties personna,shaving,1"clips etc.is in my humble opinion is nothing short of crimminal,I know harsh word,but appropiate.
-If you live in a hot or humid climate maybe you should own a short haired dog or better yet move to a more temperate climate,Pacific North West is an ideal climate for shelties much like their home in the Shetland Islands.Cheers-Cody
Brushed the dog every day-if you cant handle daily brushing maybe you shouldnt own a long haired dog.
-Cleaned their paws only if they gotten muddy etc.
-clipped the area around their paws
-brushed their teeth daily
-Long hair people is part of a shelties personna,shaving,1"clips etc.is in my humble opinion is nothing short of crimminal,I know harsh word,but appropiate.
-If you live in a hot or humid climate maybe you should own a short haired dog or better yet move to a more temperate climate,Pacific North West is an ideal climate for shelties much like their home in the Shetland Islands.Cheers-Cody
