Grumpy!

SheltieLuver

Forums Enthusiast
:mad::mad::( Ok, so maybe it's PMS, but I feel like the biggest grouch! It's been a discouraging past few weeks. I haven't been able to place the rest of the puppies and that is kind of sad. Nobody wants our darling Thanksgiving Puppies!? I know the economy is rough and some people just can't spend that kind of money right now. But still... It makes me wonder if I need to keep breeding if nobody will want them.
Macy barks at the neighbors and won't hush when I ask her. I get upset at her and that makes it worse.
We have three inches of snow that is starting to melt and I have to leave the dogs up or they will get dirtier than they already are...
....it keeps raining and raining and raining... and I'm having a hard time keeping up with the grooming.
Annie is in heat and that is making all the boys act like a bunch of jerks! All they do is walk around and growl at each other. I'm afraid as soon as she goes out the other girls are going to go in... "sniff"
Please help me to be happy. :sadsmile:
 
:mad::mad::( Ok, so maybe it's PMS, but I feel like the biggest grouch! It's been a discouraging past few weeks. I haven't been able to place the rest of the puppies and that is kind of sad. Nobody wants our darling Thanksgiving Puppies!? I know the economy is rough and some people just can't spend that kind of money right now. But still... It makes me wonder if I need to keep breeding if nobody will want them.
Macy barks at the neighbors and won't hush when I ask her. I get upset at her and that makes it worse.
We have three inches of snow that is starting to melt and I have to leave the dogs up or they will get dirtier than they already are...
....it keeps raining and raining and raining... and I'm having a hard time keeping up with the grooming.
Annie is in heat and that is making all the boys act like a bunch of jerks! All they do is walk around and growl at each other. I'm afraid as soon as she goes out the other girls are going to go in... "sniff"
Please help me to be happy. :sadsmile:


O my goodness~
It's the weather,and it makes everyone grumpy at times.I think you need a bot of "me time". Maybe just take a bit of time,just for you. Puppies,and dogs in heat,dirty dogs..darn no wonder your having a bit of cabin fever.

You'll find homes for the new babes,and not just homes,you'll find the perfect home.
I'll say a prayer you find a bit of comfort,just take a step back,deep breath.OK!
 
Sorry that you are having a rough time there. I feel your pain about multiple dogs and weather and testosterone-brain-dead-male dogs with a female in heat. We still have one puppy to place and while its hard to let the pups go to a new home its HARDER to think about having to keep and raise all of them. Just keep checking your contacts for the pups and the right home will come along. Just remember: you don't need a hundred contact calls, you just need one good one at a time. Your dogs and pups are gorgeous and the right placement will come.
 
Sorry to hear about your hard day and past week or so. We can comiserate together as Megan has been an absolute BRAT these past few days, OMGsh..When SHE wants to come in, she won't and when I just close the door and ignore her, she scratches the window screen :mad:. She has done that to me a few times today AND she wont go down for a nap:uhoh: I feel your pain, I really do..:sadsmile:
 
I'm sure the right home will come along for your Thanksgiving Puppies. They are absolutely adorable and the right home is out there somewhere. I know that if the timing was right and we were looking for a dog, we would love one.

And all this bad weather gets to everyone. Try to get out and do something if you can... otherwise, cuddle with a puppy in a corner of the house far away from your silly male dog. You have a free endorphin supply right there!
 
I would say a glass of wine and a bubble bath is on order!! I have a man up that lives in Ga. that was looking for a puppy. I just emailed to see if he is still looking. A wonderful man, he has one now and looking for another one. He is widower, they lost their beloved Swayze and then his wife died then he lost the second Sheltie. You will find homes, right now you need some sunshine.
 
I can't believe you are having difficulty placing those pups!

Have you considered advertising farther afield? Or you can pay for "paid placement" for a short time on the internet so that anyone searching for Shelties, your website would come up on the first page. I don't think its very expensive for a short placement.

Good luck to you!
 
SheltieLuver: If you think it's PMS, then I'm in male menopause! :lol: Don't have anywhere near your issues, but after two back-to-back snowstorms and more on the way, I'm about to go bonkers. Ditto Big Dee and Gussy Gus. I'm walking them around the block in circles every day cause that's what plowed, and they have a pee-pee place out back. Gussy is herding sheep in his sleep.

To make matters worse, all I've been doing is cooking and baking. I swear I've gained 10 pounds in the last week. Meanwhile I'm sitting on my butt reading through this forum and looking up new recipes on Food Network! :eek2:
 
I'm sorry you're discouraged and having a bad day. Your pups are adorable and deserve a great home. I know someone special will show up for each of them.

Get a little time for yourself. The dirty dogs will still be there when you get back from your 'vacation'.
 
Back
Top