Gypsy is not feeling well again....

Thanks everyone I just called the vets because it has progressed too Diarrhea with about a teaspoon or so of blood twice now. He is with a patient so I hope he calls when he is done with them. I am sitting here just shaking.


I am so so sorry!! It will be okay, one way or another, hang in there kiddo:sadsmile:


(((hugs)))
 
I'm sorry about Gyspy--I hope the vet gets back with you with some good information, and that Gypsy gets on the road to feeling better ASAP!
 
Dr. called back and prescribed Flagyll he feels her GI tract is irritated and that's why there is blood in her stool. I gave her the Flagyll and made her some brown rice with broc,carrots, chicken giblets and chicken broth and she ate the whole plate so I was happy to see that since she hasn't eaten except for about 1/8 cup yesterday morning. Her T4 came back as 2.2 and last time it was 1.9 everything else on thyroid test was in the normal range as well.Central Illinois rescue says sheltie's should test in upper 1/3 of T4 so my Dr. is going to talk with a specialist and I'm going to Email Dr.Dodds one of the nations leading thyroid specialists since Gypsy has so many symptoms. As CISR states even if it is normal, if it walks like a duck talks like a duck......so I'll see what the specialists have to say. Thanks for all your prayers everyone.
 
Good lord woman! :eek2: That sounds scary! :uhoh:

It was very scary. I was shaking I was so upset.

I ended up calling Dr.Dodds and she couldn't have been nicer. She said she would be happy to take a look at Gypsy's thyroid results and give me her interpretation. What a generous woman. So I ran to my vets talked to him and we faxed the info. off to her. It turns out she taught my vet many years ago.
Small world. I'll be anxious to hear what she has to say.
 
It was very scary. I was shaking I was so upset.

I ended up calling Dr.Dodds and she couldn't have been nicer. She said she would be happy to take a look at Gypsy's thyroid results and give me her interpretation. What a generous woman. So I ran to my vets talked to him and we faxed the info. off to her. It turns out she taught my vet many years ago.
Small world. I'll be anxious to hear what she has to say.

Dawn...I LOVE Dr. Dodds. She helped me out so much with my Setter, Cedar. I am so happy that you took the advise and gave her a call. I ended up just using her lab to analysis Cedar's blood. She gave me directions that I would give to my vet, and he would send the blood to her lab, versus his normal lab.
 
Dawn...I LOVE Dr. Dodds. She helped me out so much with my Setter, Cedar. I am so happy that you took the advise and gave her a call. I ended up just using her lab to analysis Cedar's blood. She gave me directions that I would give to my vet, and he would send the blood to her lab, versus his normal lab.

When it comes to my babies I'll take all and any advice I can get in order to get them well. I'm their only advocate and they deserve that.:yes:
 
I'm sorry to hear that Gypsy has been under the weather. Please do keep us posted on how she is doing and what Dr. Dodds says. You and Gypsy are in my prayers.
 
Back
Top