Hard time finding a puppy

Biscuit - You write that you think a Sheltie is much too expensive. yes, you can get other breeds which are much cheaper.

But if you want a error free Sheltie from a good registered breeder, I can tell you that here in Denmark they cost from $ 1,986 - $ 2,291 (13,000 to 15,000 DDK)

It's small money against what it costs to have a dog in its lifetime.
 
More good news, in the sheltie club we joined in Sacramento, the people in charge are sheltie breeders, and they know a lot of other breeders. They charge $900 for their puppies, and 50 dollar discount when you spay/neuter. This price is much better, and they are very good breeders. I might have to wait a little bit, but I'd much rather wait for a healthy happy puppy than immediately get a badly-bred one.
 
That sounds like a great thing. Meet and greet people in the club and they will point you in the right direction. Glad you held off and glad Caro did that great detective work.
 
ugh

I looked up the phone number for the puppy that was advertised that your dad rang them about (beauty of being a mod - I can look at removed links). That same phone number is selling cats, corgis, Shibu inu, havanese, spaniels, schnauzers, and that's just the first page of the google search. Either they are a huge, very bad puppy farm or they are a dodgy outfit selling animals they don't own. Definitely beware. The classified sections have a lot of dodgy dealers and scam artists.

this stuff TEARS me up, animals aren't used toys, I am not a violent person, but hearing about this kind of stuff makes my blood BOIL and I want to personally help these types OFF the planet and pronto, ugh...the big thing around my area is pit bull rings for fighting and betting on, I want blow those people up!
 
this stuff TEARS me up, animals aren't used toys, I am not a violent person, but hearing about this kind of stuff makes my blood BOIL and I want to personally help these types OFF the planet and pronto, ugh...the big thing around my area is pit bull rings for fighting and betting on, I want blow those people up!

I feel the same way. Those poor dogs :( have to suffer because of greedy and heartless humans.
 
Back
Top