Harley Sipes 2004-2010

I understand how you feel. I lost my sweet Foxy girl April 29 of last year. The next weekend I went to an adoption event, but couldn't even bring myself to pet a single dog. I knew I wanted a Sheltie, but my heart was so shredded that I couldn't even think about touching a dog.

The weekend after that I went to an all breed show. Same thing, I couldn't even think about talking to a breeder, because I would have been a blubbering mess. The next week my husband told me to get a dog because I just wasn't at all myself.

Three weeks to day after I said good-bye to Foxy, I was bringing Phebe home from the airport. I still miss Foxy, but I also believe that Phebe is the dog I'm meant to have and she is teaching me so much that I need to learn.

thats how i was for the first few day, i went to the dog park a lot last week and didnt talk to anyone or interact with any of the other dogs, i dont know how it will be when i see a sheltie though that looks like harley i know its going to happen because a good chunk of sables look similar so im preparing myself for it
 
on saturday the kansas city pet expo starts, if we didnt already have 5 animals 6 if you count our super low low maintenance beta fish. i would seriously consider adopting a rescue sheltie, even though its only been a two weeks since harley passed i am wanting a puppy/dog that i can actually call my own. insted of just being around my friends animals. and i think i am wanting a sheltie sooner than i should probably consider one is because i know that a sheltie is the dog i want and now that harley is gone and my plans to move him down here when i moved out on my own wont happen, i want to have a dog to fill that void.

You may be more ready than you think. I presonally believe that everyone mourns differently. Rescuing a Sheltie is a wonderful tribute to the love you have for harley. You might want to consider getting a tri or a merle, though, if you want to avoid making comparisons initially.
 
You may be more ready than you think. I presonally believe that everyone mourns differently. Rescuing a Sheltie is a wonderful tribute to the love you have for harley. You might want to consider getting a tri or a merle, though, if you want to avoid making comparisons initially.

when the time comes for me to live on my own, I am definetly rescuing a sheltie, we really cant have another animal in our apartment though 2 dogs and 3 cats in an apartment is a bit of a handful at times, and i have always herd that shelties dont do great in apartments, but that would only be true if you didnt give your dog exersise, if you give your dog the attenion and it needs to be able to be healthy in an apartment i dont think it would be a problem.
 
well awesome.... we arnt going to the pet expo becuase josh the other of my two roommates doesnt want to go, and if he isnt interested in it, than no one else should have an interest in it.....:mad::dead::mad:
 
well awesome.... we arnt going to the pet expo becuase josh the other of my two roommates doesnt want to go, and if he isnt interested in it, than no one else should have an interest in it.....:mad::dead::mad:

sounds like Josh needs to learn the world does not revolve around him :yes:
 
sounds like Josh needs to learn the world does not revolve around him :yes:

josh is terri's fiance. he does this kind of thing all the time. we ask him to ask of work an hour early so we all can go to a concert, he doesnt ask and says i dont really wanna see them so we dont go. we say hey lets go to a big cat conservatory that is only 30 minutes away "nah i dont really wanna go" so we dont go and this time hey we are going to the pet expo. "oh some people at work say its not that good unless your there to adopt an animal" so we dont go. if we do go he pouts about it and gets in this depressing mood. he used to be one of my closest friends but ever since we moved from our place in bloomington to here we are slowly drifting apart.
 
im not sure if i should move back to bloomington or not. its been crossing my mind every now and then. if i move back to btown then i would be staying with my parents, not a fan of that idea, i would be leaving terri, not a fan of that idea either, but i havnt played golf down here in 6 months, im stuck in the apartment most of the week, i cant have my own dog, the list goes on, but if i move back up to bloomington the list is about the same with just a few differances, i hate my life right now.
 
Brand New's - The devil and God Are Raging Inside Me, and Say Anything's - In Defense of the Genre, basically are the two albums that sum up everything going on right now into music.
 
we rented the remake of the friday the 13th movie that is due back tomorrow....... i had it ready to select play movie...... what happens...... "oh im to tired we can just watch it tomorrow" yeah tomorrow when he doesnt get off work until 8 and then complains about having to even walk his dogs before bed which he usually goes to right after he gets off work..................:mad::dead::mad:
 
Back
Top