Calliesmom
Moderator
year-round heartworm here- they get tested at their annual every year.....
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Just curious... since I feed the birds and squirrels are around that carry fleas I still do use Frontline all winter too... thoughts?We have to maintain both test and meds. We do stop Frontline in the winter, however.
Awesome, Ann! ThanksI thought this might be helpful to everyone. I follow Jean Dodds' protocol on how long to give heartworm meds. Here's a link to the article that explains it with specifics for each state.
Just curious... since I feed the birds and squirrels are around that carry fleas I still do use Frontline all winter too... thoughts?
Good point!As far as I know, fleas go away with the cold so I never use it after November until it's unusually warm. I hate using the chemicals on them anyway so I welcome the break from December to April.