Honey is at peace

kmeister

Forums Regular
On a beautiful, crisp, sunny Wednesday afternoon, Honey has left us to journey to Rainbow Bridge.

Never more will we hear "She's so cute!", or "She's a beautiful dog", or "She's so gorgeous!"

Never more will we see her loving, excited face to greet us at the door when we come home.

Never more will we see her barking excitedly at the moving construction cranes, garage doors moving up/down, car gates going up/down.

we will miss our walks together.

All we have now are photographs and memories.

We miss her so much, but we know it was for the best.

Thank you all for your support and looking out for us during our time of crisis. It really comforted us during our time of need.

Ready or not Rainbow Bridge, HERE COMES HONEY!
 
Last edited:
Oh my, oh my!

What a lovely tribute to your beloved Honey!

She'll have lots of friends on Rainbow Bridge to keep her company until you are joined together again. Rest assured that she will be happy there. I know my forever pup, Timber, is there. I'll ask him to look out for Honey for you!

Now, you need to look after yourselves. Hugs to you!
 
Thanks so much for asking Timber to look after Honey. I hope Honey and Timber become great friends.

Just knowing she is no longer in pain comforts us. But it still hurts.

Don't worry, we'll be okay.
 
I admit your farewell to Honey brought me to tears. So many of us here can share your pain, having sent our own beloved Shelties to the Rainbow Bridge. We now send you our thoughts and prayers as you find your way through this difficult time. And we hope for you that time allows you to remember Honey with joy and love, rather than sadness.

Honey is indeed at peace. We wish you peace as well. :sadsmile:
 
Oh my :( I didn't expect to tear up when I read your thread.

It was a beautiful tribute. May she be a peace now....and you may have peace knowing that she is in a better place.

Big hugs.
Dani
 
Please accept my misty-eyed condolences. God bless and keep you until Honey runs into your arms once again.
 
It will hurt for a long time.

After Timber died, my first thought was "never again". I just can't go through that pain of loss again (this was also just over a month after my daughter died). Well, that thought lasted about 3 days, and I just knew that I needed another pup. About 2 months later, I brought home Bacca at 8 weeks old. Then I brought home Indy when Bacca was 10 months old.

You can never replace your loved ones - human or furkind. They will always hold a place in your heart. But if you open yourself up, you can expand your heart to accept new loves. It may not be another pup, for awhile. It may be as simple as a new hobby. But just keep yourself living and accepting and moving forward.

I refuse to let grief bring me down. But I do have a good cry from time to time.

Best regards
Barb
 
Back
Top