Is it okay to???

That stuff DOES smell good :lol: I think it is the wing a lings, or something like that, which bugged me out. Isn't that the stuff with whole chicken wings in it :confused2:

It is. I actually decided not to use that particular one for right now. There is another also that has the bones in it. I know is totally safe,but did'nt want to take the chance with Trapp.

Babes so far love Thanksgiving one,and Granny's pot pie. It was Granny's pot Pie that I had opened the other day.
I swear if I put a crust on it,Brian would have totally loved it,he raved about the smell.
 
Merrick's is a good food. In fact when I opened my first can.... Grammy's Pot Pie, I thought it smelt good enough for me to enjoy too! :winkgrin:



It seems like several of you here on this forum feed Merrick's, pretty cool. At this point, we're trying to figure out why she occassionally has dry heaves first thing in the AM, so I have to stay with the same food to be able to rule food issues out. Tonight I am going to feed her usual bed time snack with a 2.5mg of Pepcid to see if that helps her in the AM. Here's praying it works! :yes:
 
It is. I actually decided not to use that particular one for right now. There is another also that has the bones in it. I know is totally safe,but did'nt want to take the chance with Trapp.

Babes so far love Thanksgiving one,and Granny's pot pie. It was Granny's pot Pie that I had opened the other day.
I swear if I put a crust on it,Brian would have totally loved it,he raved about the smell.


Ha ha, how awesome! I was also considering trying Wellness puppy canned once we figure out WHY she occassionally has dry heaves in the AM! :rolleyes2:
 
I have read that dogs are supposed to only eat dry kibble for various reasons. And that no matter what brand of canned it's basically junk food for them. My Megan is 16 1/2 wks old and still will only eat dry moistened with warm water and canned, is this okay?

Oh not true. The quality of can varies just like dry food. There are many good canned foods. The biggest concern with canned food is dental health, like someone said it gets caught in the teeth and promotes tartar buildup, which Sheltie s are prone to. If you have a good dental care program ie brushing daily(or at least regularly) it doesn't matter.:smile2:
 
It seems like several of you here on this forum feed Merrick's, pretty cool. At this point, we're trying to figure out why she occassionally has dry heaves first thing in the AM, so I have to stay with the same food to be able to rule food issues out. Tonight I am going to feed her usual bed time snack with a 2.5mg of Pepcid to see if that helps her in the AM. Here's praying it works! :yes:

Just don't know,maybe she has a touch of reflux.Hopefully the pepcid will take control of it,and it will pass.

It is a scary thing,as Trapp did this for the first time the other morning.Woke right up out of a sound sleep,next thing ya know,he is throwing up.Just a bit of bile,and he was fine afterwards,and fine since.

I think he was more upset that he got sick,and it disturbed his sound sleep.Cause after I promptly took the soiled bedpsread off,and his blanket,put fresh bedding on,he went fast asleep again.
Sending sheltie hugs that she has a restful night~
 
Just don't know,maybe she has a touch of reflux.Hopefully the pepcid will take control of it,and it will pass.

It is a scary thing,as Trapp did this for the first time the other morning.Woke right up out of a sound sleep,next thing ya know,he is throwing up.Just a bit of bile,and he was fine afterwards,and fine since.

I think he was more upset that he got sick,and it disturbed his sound sleep.Cause after I promptly took the soiled bedpsread off,and his blanket,put fresh bedding on,he went fast asleep again.
Sending sheltie hugs that she has a restful night~


Thank you MB I appreciate your kind words of reassurance. I thought I had the problem solved by feeding her a small meal before bed because she didnt throw up or dry heave for a week, :biggrin2:..But then yesterday and this AM :no:, she did it again :mad:..Soooo I REALLY do hope the Pepcid helps and like you said, it passes.

TY again...((((hugs)))
 
I stand by my maxim: Nothing throws up as casually as a puppy. :lol:



I have never heard of Maxim! My Megan acts completely normal, happy, hyper energetic all throughout the day inspite of her early morning dry heaves. I'll be trying a 2.5mg of Pepcid tonight with her bedtime snack to see if that helps! Keep your fingers crossed for us..
 
Thank you MB I appreciate your kind words of reassurance. I thought I had the problem solved by feeding her a small meal before bed because she didnt throw up or dry heave for a week, :biggrin2:..But then yesterday and this AM :no:, she did it again :mad:..Soooo I REALLY do hope the Pepcid helps and like you said, it passes.

TY again...((((hugs)))

Well your welcome. Nothing is worse than having your precious babes not be well. it just tears me apart if mine are not well. Its so hard,as they can't tell you,how they feel or where it hurts.
 
There is nothing wrong with canned food versus kibble. In fact, there has been a recent debate saying canned is more natural as it does not contain the additives required to keep kibble in a dried, formed shape. Certainly as far as food goes, you wont find any difference in quality between kibble and canned within the same brand.

Michelle's right though - there are advantages to feeding kibble. I give mine kibble for breakfast (mainly for their teeth (dental kibble) and for firm stools) and canned or cooked in the evening. It does work out more expensive feeding canned (cheaper if I cook), but my two would be devasated if I gave them kibble for dinner!:rolleyes2:
 
Back
Top