Is your sheltie a lap dog?

Snap is not a cuddler, but he will "tolerate" being in my lap and is actually beginning to relax in my lap. However, he's an extended cab version of a sheltie, so he's not exactly a perfect fit !

:lol: That is such a funny description!!!!
 
Maybe it has something to do with a size?

Dylan is about 29 lbs. Maybe he is too big to be a lap dog. Then I hear 70 lbs yellow lab who is a lap dog. Fortunately I have a three cats and a 7 lbs Maltese who loves to be on me (not just my lap, but on my stomach, legs, my head...)
 
My boyfriend calls Lexi a cat! She is 100% a lap dog. Yes, there is playing in the morning and when I get home from work, but other than that she is totally ok with being held, carried, etc. This is probably her most human-like trait. She will let me hold her like a baby, carry her on my hip with her arms wrapped around my neck, and any which kind of way! She's such a softy when it comes to her mommy. I live with my sister and she doesn't treat Ashlyn the same.. so it must be because I'm the mommy! My mother was visiting me once when she was a puppy and my mom was holding her and patting her back after she ate and she burped!! So if Ashlyn and I are looking for a good giggle, Lexi will let me burp her! She's SOOOO spoiled, but its so hard not to with that sweet face!! :lol:

Christmas 2007
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/hillary_smith7/christmas2007.jpg

Spoiled Girl
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/hillary_smith7/kisses.jpg

Lazy Lexi
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/hillary_smith7/lazygirl.jpg

I'm not sure how my boyfriend was able to capture this photo! We must have been tired!
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/hillary_smith7/sleepingbaby.jpg

Watching TV (a favorite past time of hers.. well and mine too!)
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr202/hillary_smith7/watchingtv.jpg
 
Edan is a lap dog when he's in the mood for it. Usually he'll curl up on one of the throw pillows on the couch beside you rather than on you. Sometimes he just wants to be in the same room as his people.
 
Callie lets me pick her up and put her in my lap. If we're sitting in a chair and she's completely on me, she's more comfortable than when I pick her up and sit on the couch with her with only her head and front legs on my lap. might have something to do with her bum hip. but I think her supplements are helping since she's started to jump onto the couch by herself within the last week :smile2:
 
Pixie is my first lap Sheltie. She got used to being held when she came home to us at four pounds and was sick for three months. She used to curl up on my lap or on my chest if I was lying on the couch. She'll still crawl into my lap now, but only if I'm eating! (oink oink) And only her front half fits these days, now that she's 19 pounds. She does snuggle with me in bed at night when she feels like it--not when *I* feel like it! But she does still enjoy a ride to bed each night, like Chris' Layla, and I have to pick her up every time I come home so she can snuggle into my neck and give me kisses. Barkley and Ivy don't enjoy being picked up, but Barkley will occasionally decide to snuggle. They are all different!
 
My boy is a lap dog, and loves cuddles. Oh the diva girl, only when she wants to be held. She loves sleeping on feet and legs though. I used to carry her up and down the steps until she was big enough to do it herself. She was so tiny, her little rump couldn't get up on the next step.

Remember Lady and the Tramp, how Lady struggled at first to get up those steps, yep that is my girl. Now she can, and she will.
 
CeCe is no lap dog. She will jump up on your lap if she thinks you are going somewhere. I guess she hopes that will make you stay or at the very least take her with you. Then she gives you a good "smooch" and jumps down.
 
I really wish that sometimes Cali would be a lap dog! The only way I can get her to lay and be calm is when you sit for long periods of time without moving.. As soon as you move around to get more comfortable or to get up and use the restroom she goes right back to bouncing off the walls again! Its always either running to go pick out a toy or follow me into the kitchen to see if I am getting the treat jar. I have tried to let her sleep in the bed with me at night and sometimes she will be fine and sleep the night through, but most of the time she will fall asleep for a hour or two and then she jumps off the bed, gets toys and comes romping back across the bed at warp speed and scaring the hell out of us! Right now she is laying under the coffee table sleeping after her dinner but I know as soon as I make a move from my seat she will be up following me everywhere!
 
Back
Top