Jump Height Issues

Thanks for all the replies. It seems it's unanimous. Try the 22", but if he's not doing well, don't push and go for 16". And let's be real, I think he'll be jumping 16".

I'm not sure where I've seen the 20", but I think he could do that. I think the 22" would be pushing it. Only time will tell and maybe I'll start him on glucosamine (with my older dog), to help out his joint so he doesn't hurt himself.

Do any of you give any other supplements to aid in recovery after agility class or anything like that?
 
I give mine glucosamine supplements once a day and have been since we started taking classes. I discussed this with my vet first to make sure I gave him the correct mg dosing.
 
This is an older thread, but I thought I'd bring it back up.

First, we decided to see if Koji can clear 22" at all, but I will be running him at 16" USDAA Preferred (or whatever they call it, Performance/Preferred). It'll be safer for him and better for him in the long run.

Secondly, I started to give him glucosamine. Dangit, I forget the brand. It's liquid though. My older dog is doing well on it (sorta), but it would upset Koji's stomach, so I would try smaller dosages, but still upset stomach.

Anyone have this problem? As of right now, we're kinda poor, so I just stopped and didn't take him to the vet. Thought I'd ask here first.

Oh, and Miko (older dog) seemed to do well on it for the first 2 months. He seems "creeky" again. Like it's not helping? Anyone have that issue? Thanks.
 
Back
Top