Moonshine passed

MoonshineDad

Forums Enthusiast
Many of you know that Moonshine fought through parvo and giardia at the same time and had made a full recovery. He had recieved his vaccinations on tuesday. Moonshine had a bit of loose stool a couple of days after this, and thursday I noticed his gums were slightly pale. I gave him some water and let my fiance know to make sure we had plenty of water for him as he may not be feeling well today due to vaccines and a food transistion.

Thursday night I came home to a very ugly sight...I'll spare everyone the details but they will live with me forever.

Moonshine passed in the passengers seat on the way to my hospital. A necropsy was performed later that night to reveal a liver 3/4's the size of a softball. The doctor also had a blood smear run revealing IMHA.

IMHA is a side effect to vaccines that happens so rarely that it isn't even mentioned when a person receives vaccinations for their dog.

What is IMHA? IMHA is immune-mediated hemolytic anemia...it is a disease where one's own immune system malfunctions and sees its own red blood cells as the enemy. Moonshine was effected by this and being a small puppy it didn't take much.

Moonshine will forever be missed by my family...he's left his mark in my heart and it will remain there.
 
I'm stunned

I was confused when I saw this...he had fought parvo and won.
My eyes are welling up with tears for you and your special little guy.

I know nothing I can write will help, but my heart goes out to you.
It's never the right time to lose your sheltie, but this is especially tough.
I will hug my little guy a bit tighter tonite.

Cindy and Gavin
 
OMG I couldn't believe it when I read this. I am so sorry. I am at a loss for words. You and Moonshine are in my thoughts and prayers.
 
I'm at a loss. I am so so sorry. He faught so hard, and just when we all thought he was in the clear. My heart goes out to you and your fiance. You did all you could do for him. He was a brave little guy and we all fell in love with him. I am so very sorry.
 
Moonshine

I am sorry to hear of Moonshine's passing. I too lost my furry companion just a little over a month ago and it is so hard to do the things on a daily basis and not think of him being there. What he would be doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My only consolation is that I know that my Chico is whole and healthy and that I believe that we will see him yet again.

Char
 
I am so sorry.:( He fought so hard and came though so much. I can't believe it.

The litter sister of Justice's grandma was lost to this horrible disease. My thoughts are with you and your family.
 
We are so sorry to hear this. What a shock.

Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Peace
 
Omg..we are stunned by this news. I know there is nothing that we can say,but do know that we will keep you & your family in our prayers.
 
I'm just stunned. Moonshine dealt with so much and came through, I'm so sorry this had to happen to him. I was not aware of this condition but will keep it in mind when my pups get vaccines. My sympathy, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
 
Back
Top