My Poor Pixie

Ann

Moderator
My medically challenged girl is at it again. Early this week, I found a golf-ball sized lump on Pixie's lower stomach. It came up quickly, but felt like a fatty tumor. Today we went to the vet, and he poked, prodded, squeezed, measured, shaved, ultrasounded (twice) and finally aspirated and all we've determined is that it is not a fatty tumor. He says it could be a hernia, left over from her spay incision, or Something Else. We are going to wait and watch it for a week or two, and then perhaps aspirate it again to send out to the lab, or if it gets significantly bigger, he'll do exploratory surgery.

This poor little thing has weathered epilepsy and colitis in her three short years and now this. Please say a prayer for her. I love them all, but she is my special one.
 
Ah, I'm so sorry to hear this. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you. Best wishes and good luck!
 
Hands Are Glued Together!

I will hold onto a prayer for her! I hope everything works out to be nothing to serious! <3
 
Oh Ann, Poor pixie .

Ann, I'm so sorry for the news on Pixie. I certainly hope it's just a hernia That can be repaired fairly easily. I will keep Little Miss Pixie and you in my heart, along with prayers and well wishes. I know how much she means to you . Oh I was so looking for it to be something simple. But lets keep every prayer and positive thoughts going your way. You're so right this poor baby has just been through so much in her short 3 years. It's difficult enough when it's any of our furkids but some touch our lives more than others. That was the case with my Jewel as well. Please know She'll have prayers bombarding St. Francis on her behalf!:yes:
 
Im also sorry to hear about her troubles,, is this something that can be cut out or fixed in someway ?
 
Ann, I know how you feel. Your baby is sick and you will do everything you can to help her. I still remember when Gabby, our first Sheltie was diagnosed with colitis and later with liver tumor - our endless trips to our vet and to a different vet for additional tests and ultrasound. I cried all the time.Your girl is young and I hope she will get help and she will be better.
 
Thanks to All of You!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and thoughts. This group is the best...what a wonderful support you all are.

If it turns out to be a hernia, it's a fairly simple surgical fix. Right now, the vet is concerned because his test showed mostly red and white blood cells and very little fat. He did ultrasound though, and although it's large, it isn't attached to any organs.

I'm to watch it for the next week or two and unless it shrinks in that time, he'll test it again and send it out to the lab for a more definitive answer. I'll be holding my breath till we know. Thanks again to all of you for being there for me. :o I'll keep you posted.
 
Back
Top