My worst fear realized!

Last Christmas, we were visiting my brother and let all the dogs out into his fenced backyard. everyone came in except his girl and Jocu. so stepped outside and his girl came to the door. I could hear a dog barking- I thought Jo had gotten stuck at the far end of the yard but no, the gate hadn't latched completely and he made it out to the driveway. my brother's neighbor came knocking on the door to let him know that there was a dog in his yard. so Jo was at their back door barking to get in. I was very happy that he didn't get very far....
 
Hope you never need it but trick that might work is don't chase Blueberry, run from her. Chasing Sca was a total waste of time, he was fast, nimble and in heaven being chased. Run though and he could not help but chase me. Got him back in the fence a couple of times that way.
 
So are they clingy today or like nothing happened? Or and Piper's route was about to loop back home he was just 'touring'
Actually Blueberry is VERY clingy today. Having my coffee this morning after going outside with the dogs in the rain and Miss Blueberry insisted on being held! Had to pick her up and let her get comfortable (I was sitting on a bar stool so definitely not comfortable for me lol)…she slowly fell asleep in my arms! Wet dog smell and all I didn’t care!
 
Last Christmas, we were visiting my brother and let all the dogs out into his fenced backyard. everyone came in except his girl and Jocu. so stepped outside and his girl came to the door. I could hear a dog barking- I thought Jo had gotten stuck at the far end of the yard but no, the gate hadn't latched completely and he made it out to the driveway. my brother's neighbor came knocking on the door to let him know that there was a dog in his yard. so Jo was at their back door barking to get in. I was very happy that he didn't get very far....
At least he went to the neighbours door even if it was the wrong house!
 
Hope you never need it but trick that might work is don't chase Blueberry, run from her. Chasing Sca was a total waste of time, he was fast, nimble and in heaven being chased. Run though and he could not help but chase me. Got him back in the fence a couple of times that way.
If I was close to home I’d definitely do this! She almost got out a couple weeks ago, tried to follow me as I was closing the gate. I caught her with the gate and that made her back up! Now if I have to leave the yard when she’s around I put the x pen to block it off!
 
Late to this thread--thank god they are ok! I hate how one shakes after the adrenelin wears off and the danger has passed!
Thanks for the treats in purse idea. I have treats in my HipKlips bag I wear when we walk, but having some either in the car or purse is a good idea just in case.
 
Late to this thread also - I can only imagine your terror - thank God it was a short amount of time overall but I'm sure you feel you aged a lifetime. I can't remember which dog nosed open the front door as I had stepped out to get the mail, shot past me and took off down the sidewalk.... me yelling "cookie" to try and stop her. I think it was little Ally. Finally got her attention, then ran away from her like Sheep said, and she turned around to chase me home. Little bugger. Glad you have a happy ending with maybe a few more gray hairs!!!
 
Late to this thread also - I can only imagine your terror - thank God it was a short amount of time overall but I'm sure you feel you aged a lifetime. I can't remember which dog nosed open the front door as I had stepped out to get the mail, shot past me and took off down the sidewalk.... me yelling "cookie" to try and stop her. I think it was little Ally. Finally got her attention, then ran away from her like Sheep said, and she turned around to chase me home. Little bugger. Glad you have a happy ending with maybe a few more gray hairs!!!
Thanks Sharon! It’s funny but we’re 3 days in a row where Blueberry insists on my picking her up when she’s feeling the need for a cuddle. Unfortunately she wants it when I’m sitting in a very uncomfortable backless barstool AND I have an ongoing back issue since I broke my arm in February…oh and Blueberry does this thing she’s done since a pup where she has to be high up on my left shoulder :ROFLMAO:! She’s not a little 5 pound puppy anymore! She typically will fall asleep as I hold her and I suffer in silence…
I guess it’s her way of saying sorry and thanks for rescuing her!:)
 
Back
Top