Nature's Variety Frozen Raw Food?

I know Primal is a way better food. I have friend who has one of her's on NV limited, and it has stopped his biting and scratching and she has tried several foods. How do you know that is where they get the vitamins-how does one find out that information?
 
I know Primal is a way better food. I have friend who has one of her's on NV limited, and it has stopped his biting and scratching and she has tried several foods. How do you know that is where they get the vitamins-how does one find out that information?

I thought about buying it for my cat so I e-mailed them and they told me due to unavailability they can't source all vitamins without the use of China -- which I know isn't true since some magically do it. You can find the e-mail and maybe even a customer service number on their website.

I definitely wouldn't feed the rabbit. Primal uses only proteins that weren't given growth hormones and were ethically raised, as do the other ones I mentioned.

Example of a rabbit farm in China:

http://www.manufacturer.com/cimages/product/www.diytrade.com/0624/h/RABBIT_FARM.jpg
 
I thought about buying it for my cat so I e-mailed them and they told me due to unavailability they can't source all vitamins without the use of China -- which I know isn't true since some magically do it. You can find the e-mail and maybe even a customer service number on their website.

I definitely wouldn't feed the rabbit. Primal uses only proteins that weren't given growth hormones and were ethically raised, as do the other ones I mentioned.

Example of a rabbit farm in China:

http://www.manufacturer.com/cimages/product/www.diytrade.com/0624/h/RABBIT_FARM.jpg

And what exactly is wrong with that rabbit farm? Looks like every typical rabbit barn I have seen to me. Does typicaly get a 36x24x18 cage so they have room to raise their young and bucks get 30x24x18 (meat breeds). Rabbits can not be housed togather, they will kill each other! Actually that set up is much nicer than mine I dont have a climate controlled building for my rabbits, they are outside all year round.

That barn looked clean all rabbits had food and water, and they looked good. Please dont let the P@!%a, AR idiots influence the way you think rabbits should be raised. They dont need huge cages, nor is fruits and vegetables good for them, they are herbivours, NOT vegetarians!!
 
And what exactly is wrong with that rabbit farm? Looks like every typical rabbit barn I have seen to me. Does typicaly get a 36x24x18 cage so they have room to raise their young and bucks get 30x24x18 (meat breeds). Rabbits can not be housed togather, they will kill each other! Actually that set up is much nicer than mine I dont have a climate controlled building for my rabbits, they are outside all year round.

That barn looked clean all rabbits had food and water, and they looked good. Please dont let the P@!%a, AR idiots influence the way you think rabbits should be raised. They dont need huge cages, nor is fruits and vegetables good for them, they are herbivours, NOT vegetarians!!

Uh, China and clean don't go together. There's video footage of these farms in China with the bunnies in filthy cages and encrusted urine/feces. Why else do you think they source from China? Shortage of bunnies here? Yeah right...

Animals aren't meant to be raised like this. This is disgusting and no different than any other kind of factory farming. Depriving an animal of SUNSHINE is evil. It also makes the meat considerably less health. No vitamin D for starters.

The rabbits I buy live in a set up like this:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...deZDEDnBoTXzs09x5r4mffnoT_K3rHq1eaePuIHn2_iHV

Also, if you think these bunnies are "raising" their young you're so wrong. These bunnies are seprated and brought in a couple times a day to nurse. The mother is left stressed 95% of the other time. CRUEL. I suggesting reading up on the European practices of factory farming.
 
I have on occasion seperated mom and babies and only brought them out to nurse. As a matter of fact I am doing that right now! My mini rex doe had 6 kits yesterday. She didnt make a good enough nest or pull enough fur to keep them warm so 3 of them died from the cold. I managed to save 3 by putting them in warm water and using a heating pad to keep them warm. They are now staying in my house were it is warm and being brought out to nurse twice a day. They will stay in the house until they are 2-3 weeks old and able to regulate their own temps better. Taking them away does NOT stress mom as natures way way to protect kits from predators, mom would stay away from the nest most of the time only come back to nurse them which only takes 5 minutes or less. Unlike cats and dogs, rabbits do not stay with their young, and as soon as they can fend for themselves, at about 5 weeks old, mom no longer cares for them.

Also rabbits are not very clean animals. They do usually establish a potty corner, which can fill up very fast if you dont have the type of setup that was in the pic you posted. But they will leave berries around the cage as a way to scent mark it. Also bucks tend to get into spraying wars and will spray the nearby does, or even person, marking them as their territory.

I am not saying that all rabbits are kept in ideal conditions, that picture you showed was not a bad picture and looked nice. There are good and bad farms anywhere whether it is China or the US, or any other country.
Your other picture, sure that looks nice, but lets face it first of all most people dont have the acres of land it would take to keep rabbits in that type of enviroment. A rabbit would have that area down to the dirt in a day or 2 so you have to constantly move the cage to a new location. Second rabbits that are raised like that are exposed to parasites, such as worms and coccidia, especially when wildlife comes around to check out the area. Also a rabbit could easily dig out or a predator could dig its way in.
 
We are getting way off topic here. If you want to discuss non-dog topics like raising rabbits and rabbit farms, please do that in the ChitChat forum. The ChitChat forum was created so premium members can discuss topics not related to dogs. Thanks.
 
We are getting way off topic here. If you want to discuss non-dog topics like raising rabbits and rabbit farms, please do that in the ChitChat forum. The ChitChat forum was created so premium members can discuss topics not related to dogs. Thanks.

Thanks for bringing back on track.

I'm looking at a new distributor which is local. Tollden farms. What I like about Them is that they are local so I've got easy access to sales and customer service. But more important is they sell more than patties.

For you raw feeders what do you think of their product line?

www.tolldenfarms.ca
 
Barb to me that raw looks good to me. Have you ever looked in to Primal? Don't know if you can get it in Canada but comes in a variety of protiens and they sell more than just patties.
 
Today I did extensive reading on both Primal & Bravo. My choice is Primal,and will be placing my first order soon.
 
Back
Top