Hi all! So Bella spent the last 3 days at the vets getting IV fluids and her kidney values went down slightly but not a lot. Very disheartening.
When she came home last night she was hungry and ate some wet food right up. And carrots. Then she snubbed more wet food later in the evening.
This morning I tried cottage cheese, eggs, boiled chicken and green beans (which she normally loves) to no avail. She ate eggs yesterday. She did eat carrots and I'm sure I could have kept feeding them to her. And cheese (I'm trying not to overdo the cheese because it's also what I use to give her meds and I don't want her to snub it).
Any other ideas for foods to try? I may get some baby food to try that. I just don't know what she's going to want.
We are leaving town in 2 days and I just have this pit in my stomach about it. We do have fluids to administer at home, and our house sitter is on board with that. I might try to get her into another vet just for another opinion - they can also do an ultrasound, where our vet can't. The one our vet refers to is super pricey (a VCA) and I'm very nervous about how many thousands I would end up spending on her there.
On top of that, she's licking her girl parts almost constantly - but her urinalysis yesterday came back normal.
I hate all of this so much. I feel like all of this came on so quickly and she's only 10. It breaks my heart to see her like this - I am glad she is interested in some food, but I sure wish it was more.
Thank you all for listening and for any advice you can give.
Kerri
This morning I tried cottage cheese, eggs, boiled chicken and green beans (which she normally loves) to no avail. She ate eggs yesterday. She did eat carrots and I'm sure I could have kept feeding them to her. And cheese (I'm trying not to overdo the cheese because it's also what I use to give her meds and I don't want her to snub it).
Any other ideas for foods to try? I may get some baby food to try that. I just don't know what she's going to want.
We are leaving town in 2 days and I just have this pit in my stomach about it. We do have fluids to administer at home, and our house sitter is on board with that. I might try to get her into another vet just for another opinion - they can also do an ultrasound, where our vet can't. The one our vet refers to is super pricey (a VCA) and I'm very nervous about how many thousands I would end up spending on her there.
On top of that, she's licking her girl parts almost constantly - but her urinalysis yesterday came back normal.
I hate all of this so much. I feel like all of this came on so quickly and she's only 10. It breaks my heart to see her like this - I am glad she is interested in some food, but I sure wish it was more.
Thank you all for listening and for any advice you can give.
Kerri
I'm truly sorry you and Bella are going through this.