Need help getting Bella to eat

I did but they seem to think it’s albumin levels/protein loss. I think until her blood is re-checked it will be hard to know for sure. That and a blood pressure check is set for Wednesday or we can take her to the ER (connected to the specialist) this weekend if we get too concerned.

Well, seems like to have covered all your bases! I’m impressed for all your diligence in making sure Bella is in good hands! Keep up s posted! Hopefully, no ER visits are in your future. Hang in there and give sweet Bella a soft pat!
 
In a human patient on fluids daily I would think about Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) starting, from fluid volume overload. Hence the fluid retention and puffiness. It's why they weigh heart patients daily. Just a thought. I'm sorry - been through this myself, and I know how hard it is to balance everything.
 
My mom suffered from congestive heart failure but the puffiness always showed up in her ankles never in the face.

I am so sorry you have suffered through this Sharon! You are OK now, right?
 
My mom suffered from congestive heart failure but the puffiness always showed up in her ankles never in the face.

I am so sorry you have suffered through this Sharon! You are OK now, right?

Oh dear, I meant I've been through the kidney disease ordeal with my dogs - thanks for worrying about me, Gloria, - no CHF for me!!!

And you are right, in people it's usually in the ankles/feet.
 
Yeah I'm a heart patient (congenital) and deal with water retention myself... ugh. I just get the pit in my stomach thinking about the road ahead, here. We are going to give her some fluids tonight and see how she does. I do worry about her being on two different blood pressure meds. We are going to skip the new one to see what she does overnight as well... I just feel so bad for her, though she's acting fairly perky, still wanting to go on walks, and so far appetite is still there.

Thanks for letting me ramble on about her. I tend to get hyper focused when we have a sick kiddo and worry a lot! (My poor husband lol)
 
Yeah I'm a heart patient (congenital) and deal with water retention myself... ugh. I just get the pit in my stomach thinking about the road ahead, here. We are going to give her some fluids tonight and see how she does. I do worry about her being on two different blood pressure meds. We are going to skip the new one to see what she does overnight as well... I just feel so bad for her, though she's acting fairly perky, still wanting to go on walks, and so far appetite is still there.

Thanks for letting me ramble on about her. I tend to get hyper focused when we have a sick kiddo and worry a lot! (My poor husband lol)
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
 
Ramble as much as you want...we’ve all been there and we know that pit-in-the-stomach feeling. Even if we can’t give advice, we can give you support. I hope Bella improves overnight! Sending good thoughts your way.
 
We are here to listen and help support you on this journey. It has been a sanity saver for me. I just lost my special sweet girl Brooke in May to cancer and leaned heavily on all the wonderful people on this forum.
 
Oh dear, I meant I've been through the kidney disease ordeal with my dogs - thanks for worrying about me, Gloria, - no CHF for me!!!

And you are right, in people it's usually in the ankles/feet.


I am glad you are ok but sad you also had you precious pups suffer with heart failure. Our little Jasmine had it to. She was on meds for it. We so much wasn’t to do all in our power to make them better. We fret and worry yet all they seem to know is we are alive today... that is a good day! You have to love dogs ability to live in the moment.
 
Yeah I'm a heart patient (congenital) and deal with water retention myself... ugh. I just get the pit in my stomach thinking about the road ahead, here. We are going to give her some fluids tonight and see how she does. I do worry about her being on two different blood pressure meds. We are going to skip the new one to see what she does overnight as well... I just feel so bad for her, though she's acting fairly perky, still wanting to go on walks, and so far appetite is still there.

Thanks for letting me ramble on about her. I tend to get hyper focused when we have a sick kiddo and worry a lot! (My poor husband lol)

The love and support of this site know no bounds... we care! :hugs
 
Back
Top