New Posts

BarbV

Forums Celebrity
I discovered that the best way to stay current on the forum is to use the "New Posts" tab. And click, read, and respond to anything that was posted since the last time I was online.

This works to a point.

Sometimes, while I'm reading or responding to a post, if more than 5 or 10 minutes has gone by before I hit "submit" or until I click New Posts again, the New Posts that were pending previously, disappear, and I only now receive any New Posts that were submitted while I was reviewing a thread.

Hope this makes sense, and I hope we can fix it, because it takes me far too many clicks to review what's new if I have to keep going back to the "Discussion Forum" and then click on each thread.
 
I know too! I actually only just discovered the "new posts" tab last week. It has made viewing this forum so much easier!
 
open a whole bunch of tabs and keep hitting new posts while you are watching videos or trying other links so you don't get logged out :winkgrin:
 
Me too! Sometimes I'm in a frenzy to read all the titles, just so I can hopefully remember which ones are 'new' before they 'disappear' from the 'new posts'.
 
Ahhh, I remember what I do. I go to 'quick links' and hit the 'today's posts' and then it lists all of today's posts, but it will not list yeserdays etc. so if you were away lets for a weekend, it would not show you the posts from the whole weekend, only that day. But at least, it helps.
 
I know too! I actually only just discovered the "new posts" tab last week. It has made viewing this forum so much easier!

I use it to all the time.It makes it much easiar.But gosh,if you miss a day,like back here last week or so when I wasn't feeling well,its hard to do a real catch up.
I never sign out,so at least I don't have to retype passwords.
 
I discovered that the best way to stay current on the forum is to use the "New Posts" tab. And click, read, and respond to anything that was posted since the last time I was online.

This works to a point.

Sometimes, while I'm reading or responding to a post, if more than 5 or 10 minutes has gone by before I hit "submit" or until I click New Posts again, the New Posts that were pending previously, disappear, and I only now receive any New Posts that were submitted while I was reviewing a thread.

Hope this makes sense, and I hope we can fix it, because it takes me far too many clicks to review what's new if I have to keep going back to the "Discussion Forum" and then click on each thread.

You're right, Barb. I get around this by clicking back to the main Sheltie Forum page; hit "refresh" on your computer, and then New Posts again and anything you haven't read will come up.
 
Im not quite able to reproduce the problem, so maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Are you clicking on "quick links" & then "mark forum as read" when you are done with a particular thread? That will cause anything you already pulled up previosuly as new from the "new posts" button to disapear.

However, if from the home page I click on "new posts" I get a list of posts I haven't yet read - across all forums. If I then click one to read, it takes me to that thread. Once done, I click on "new posts" and it takes me back to the list.

The thread I just read is still there, but is no longer bolded - indicating it has been read. I've hit refresh & it still remains, unbolded.

When you are done reading everything from the "new posts" button and then click on "quick links" & then "mark forum as read" it will dump everything in the "new posts" & will be empty.

You have to look at the "new posts" button kinda like it's own mini forum.

Let me know if this helps at all.
 
Back
Top