New Posts

Kelly, I have a similar issue to Barb and others.

If I click on the "New Posts" button and either take a long time to read/respond to a thread because I have to step away from the computer for a bit or if the "New Posts" list sits on my screen for a long period of time and I click on "New Posts" again to refresh it, the older "New Posts" disappear and are replaced by a shorter list.

If I don't have a long delay between clicking on the "New Posts" link it does behave has you describe.

Unfortunately I can't really tell you how long "a long period of time" is because I've never actually timed it.

Hopefully that helps to clarify what the issue is.
 
OK, after a little research, I've found a setting that I'm going to change.

Now that I have switched it, you need to hit the Mark Forums Read link when you leave the site for the first time so that everything gets 'marked' correctly for you.

Let me know how it works!
 
OK, after a little research, I've found a setting that I'm going to change.

Now that I have switched it, you need to hit the Mark Forums Read link when you leave the site for the first time so that everything gets 'marked' correctly for you.

Let me know how it works!

well, that would explain why it said there were 200 new posts :uhoh:
I've never used the mark forums read and there was really only a page and a half of new stuff.
 
OK, after a little research, I've found a setting that I'm going to change.

Now that I have switched it, you need to hit the Mark Forums Read link when you leave the site for the first time so that everything gets 'marked' correctly for you.

Let me know how it works!

Thanks again for your hard work! I love it!
 
OMG I almost had a heart attack! Here I checked the post this morning before work - 18 new, I come home 6 hours later and it says 200 new! Then, I read this thread again for new news. Thanks Kelly, I can breathe again.
 
Ok...Where is the "Mark Forums Read" link?

i just found it myself.

Go to the "Sheltie Forum" link, then scroll to the very bottom.

Be careful to do it when you're getting ready to leave--otherwise all your new posts will be disappear, unless you click on the new posts in the past 24 hours.

Hope that helps
 
Ok im confused...up until a few days ago I could keep the forums open and hit refresh and than it would blue out the threads from before(even if I didnt read them) and red new threads since last time I refreashed that were new...now no matter how many times I hit refreash it isnt blueing out the older threads its keeping them red..I have to hit mark all threads as read to blue them....Is there anything I can click to fix this?
 
Back
Top