New Puppy Coming Later In 2014 or 2015

Silaria

Forums Sage
OK, I think I've gone insane.

This past weekend at our local Sheltie Specialty I spoke to Edan and CJ's breeder regarding being put on her list for a future puppy. :eek2: It will be another Sable; I love the brown dogs. Besides someone in Pittsburgh has to have the token Sable in the sea of Blue.

She's breeding her bitch, Lena, for the second time this summer (it'll be about 1.5 years after her last breeding). Depending on the number puppies, and a few other things, one of them may be mine. If not, in 2015 she's planning on breeding Lena's daughter, Jordan, and I'd definitely get one of those pups.

I've already mentioned to her that I'd like a boy and need one structurally correct because of agility. I'm also hoping that the pup will have a little more drive than Edan does. The pups from her last litter that I see regularly (Jordan and a boy named Declan) are definitely more drivey than Edan is. Obviously I know there are no guarantees because each pup is different.

I think I'm NUTS! We've never had three dogs but Edan and CJ are going to be 8 this year and I really want them to be able to help me raise the pup since some things, like doggie manners, are more easily taught by another dog.

I'm both scared and excited by this.
 
Congratulations! And happy waiting...it will seem like forever! I love bringing a puppy in with older dogs. I have two 7 year-olds and an 8 year-old and our puppy Ruffles has made them young again. She gets them to play and run and just be alive and have fun. And you're right...the older dogs do help train the puppy.

Three is nothing! I have five now! Oy! :rolleyes2:
 
I think it's a great time for you guys! Edan & CJ are doing really well with their training, and they're both great personalities to help raise a pup.

I'm so excited for you--and jealous! Keep us posted!
 
Seems like the perfect time to get a puppy to me. Congratulations!! Cannot wait to see pictures. Love sables!!!!!
 
You and I both! I will be adding #3 in the coming months to year or so! Never had three at a time!

Congrat's on the decision -- esp. since I made the same decision this week!
 
Congrats:smile2:
yes- it's a good time now and three is easy:yes:
I find four to be more challenging- but it is just me with 2/3 of the sheltie rainbow:winkgrin:
 
Congratulations! I can't believe your two are 8, I really didn't think they were that old.

I'm another that should be adding a pup mid to late 2014.:yes:
 
Congratulations! I can't believe your two are 8, I really didn't think they were that old.

They'll be 8 in mid-August. I really can't believe they are that old either.

I'll be honest, I'm not in a hurry. I definitely want a boy and one with proper structure. If that means I have to wait a little longer, I'm willing to do that.

I have learned over the years that structure is important for agility so it's worth the wait. I trust my breeder to guide me to the right dogs and that the temperament is going to be very good. I haven't met any of her Shelties (even ones she's placed at other homes who were also visiting when we'd bring Edan and CJ to see her) that didn't have fantastic temperaments.

I'm another that should be adding a pup mid to late 2014.:yes:

Are you thinking another Lab, Sheltie, or something else?
 
Back
Top