Admiralbirdy
Forums Novice
Hello everyone! This past Friday I adopted an eleven month old sheltie (Jasper!) I've fallen in love with him immediately. Jasper wasn't eating or drinking initially, but I assumed it was because he was stressed over his change of environment. The second day(Saturday) I mixed in about 1/4 can of wet food in with his dry food, but he only ate a small amount of the wet food. The following day my girlfriend told me I should try to mix water with his dry food. Jasper didn't eat it initially, but before I went to bed I put fresh food out and when I woke up the bowl was empty so I assumed everything was fine. Since then I have been doing the same mixture, but Jasper won't touch the food he just smacks the bowl away with his little head. I would prefer him to get used to dry food, but I do want him to eat and it's worrying me as he is already a bit underweight (he came from a hoarder).
Another worry is that Jasper will not drink water aside from the occasional ice cube. Even after long walks in this 90 degree weather he won't drink. Jasper will try to drink the condensation from the glasses of water I drink and I walked in on him drinking from another glass of water I had left out, but he wont touch the water in his bowl!
I know I haven't had him that long, but his personality has opened up so much in the short time I have had him aside from his eating/drinking habits. I'm worried! any comments/advice would be great!
Kevin&Jasper
Another worry is that Jasper will not drink water aside from the occasional ice cube. Even after long walks in this 90 degree weather he won't drink. Jasper will try to drink the condensation from the glasses of water I drink and I walked in on him drinking from another glass of water I had left out, but he wont touch the water in his bowl!
I know I haven't had him that long, but his personality has opened up so much in the short time I have had him aside from his eating/drinking habits. I'm worried! any comments/advice would be great!
Kevin&Jasper
